Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Now I know people will think it's silly to be worrying about what to wear - but I'm starting college this year and am wondering what sort of outfits people wear?

I most probably after a few weeks will just give up in caring and making the effort, but I just want to give off a good impression to students and teachers (especially students as I know how judging people my age can get!)

So what are generally the sort of outfits people wear on a day to day basis? It would really help me out!

ReputationRep:
    clothes :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 29Bilal96)
    clothes :P
    Knew someone would say that!

Don't worry - I have already decided that would be a good choice!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I assume you're female?

At the moment it is quite hot and rhe female are wearing Denim Shorts then a crop top type thing. In winter they typically wear jeans a t-shirt and hoodie or jumper. Just normal clothes you'd wear everyday.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest wearing whatever you feel comfortable in. For me it was t shirts and jeans

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    whatever reflects your style and personality. don't make too much an effort if it's not you, but don't downplay to fit in with the other students
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Name:  uniday bathroom selfiieeee.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  140.2 KB
    Name:  IMG00428-20130607-1334.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  26.5 KB
    Name:  IMG00432-20130608-1440.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  32.9 KB
    Name:  IMG-20120519-00206_1.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  31.5 KB

I normally wear this kinda thing, but it depends on the weather haha

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!
    I think for my college induction on Tuesday I will be most probably wear jeans, but of course it depends on the weather!
    To answer your question yes I am female!
    See my normal style is things like jeans and band t-shirts, but I do want to make an effort to maybe get out of those the first few weeks - but I'm sure later on it could be a good conversation starter, and I feel like I may discover new friends through that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliceroseew)
    Thanks everyone!
    I think for my college induction on Tuesday I will be most probably wear jeans, but of course it depends on the weather!
    To answer your question yes I am female!
    See my normal style is things like jeans and band t-shirts, but I do want to make an effort to maybe get out of those the first few weeks - but I'm sure later on it could be a good conversation starter, and I feel like I may discover new friends through that!
    Good luck! Just wear that if you are comfortable in. Also, band t-shirts are a great conversation starter!

ReputationRep:
    Most people either wear joggers or jeans, sometimes shorts

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.