• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't the app alow you to give rep or vote in polls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Why doesn't the app alow you to give rep or vote in polls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The app is essentially a customised version of the Tapatalk forum reader, which doesn't include rep or poll voting functionality (at least, not in the old version of Tapatalk on which the TSR app is based). Development work would need to be done to build additional functions in, which doesn't appear to be likely to happen. Instead, more focus is being given to the mobile version of the site.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any chance of getting at least push notifications for iOS? It would save me quite some time and bandwidth.

(Original post by Illusionary)
    QFA
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Is there any chance of getting at least push notifications for iOS? It would save me quite some time and bandwidth.
    Not a question for me, I'm afraid - this would need to come from the devs or the community team.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not a question for me, I'm afraid - this would need to come from the devs or the community team.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you please quote them in, if possible? I suppose it must have been discussed before since it is a major feature for all mobile platforms. I just want to know whether it is more efficient to do something hackish myself or just wait.

ReputationRep:
    How do I post a topic?

ReputationRep:
    Nevermind I figured it out
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Could you please quote them in, if possible? I suppose it must have been discussed before since it is a major feature for all mobile platforms. I just want to know whether it is more efficient to do something hackish myself or just wait.
    You can see the names of the community team from this page (bold red usernames): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showgroups.php

From what I've seen, I doubt that we're going to see any further work at all on the TSR app in the near future, though of course I may be wrong. I know on Android that the vanilla Tapatalk app has push notifications (or at least, regular polling for updates), so you could look into using the equivalent for iOS?

ReputationRep:
    You can see the names of the community team from this page (bold red usernames): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showgroups.php

From what I've seen, I doubt that we're going to see any further work at all on the TSR app in the near future, though of course I may be wrong. I know on Android that the vanilla Tapatalk app has push notifications (or at least, regular polling for updates), so you could look into using the equivalent for iOS?
    Great tip, thank you! I takes ages to load the content but if those notifications work as expected, it will be splendid. It is much better than the prehistoric version that TSR app is based upon. :yeah:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I keep having the app freeze and fail to open saying to contact admin whats going on???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I keep having the app freeze and fail to open saying to contact admin whats going on???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not just you, but I can't suggest much more than just trying again later - the app quite frequently isn't able to connect properly to the site, but it tends to resolve itself naturally in time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.