Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

5 aims while studying in Sixth form watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I am going to to sixth form this Sep and I set up 5 aims that I need to ahieve over the next two years.
    1. Getting at least B in all of my subject, if not at least a high C
    2. Actually sitting next to a person who want to learn something (sat next to a person in english and Science, a big mistake)
    3. Still finding time to help my brother on his GCSEs
    4. Still have contact with my old friends
    5. Study at least 2 hour per week (I hate studying subject I find boring, so hopfully the subject I pick won't be boring lol)

But before this I need to get into a proper Sixth Form first (Our school only start their sixth form thisd Sep, so they don't have many courses to do, so I have to pick courses that I am not interest in.) Did try other Sixth form but some of them reject me, since of my low target grade (only came here for 4 years) Again the sxith form that did accpet me don't have the courses I want to do. So I will try again in result day and try to get in.

So whats your aim or goal while studying in sixth form? Share below!!!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by mshends123)
    So I am going to to sixth form this Sep and I set up 5 aims that I need to ahieve over the next two years.
    2. Actually sitting next to a person who want to learn something (sat next to a person in english and Science, a big mistake)
    5. Study at least 2 hour per week (I hate studying subject I find boring, so hopfully the subject I pick won't be boring lol)

But before this I need to get into a proper Sixth Form first (Our school only start their sixth form thisd Sep, so they don't have many courses to do, so I have to pick courses that I am not interest in.) Did try other Sixth form but some of them reject me, since of my low target grade (only came here for 4 years) Again the sxith form that did accpet me don't have the courses I want to do. So I will try again in result day and try to get in.

Nice goals.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/planner/

The Study Planner might be really useful for you (and your brother)

ReputationRep:
    My aims are,;
    1) Get 4 good AS grades ideally B's or above
    2) make some more friends
    3) Find time to complete my silver DofE
    4) Spice up my Ucas application
    5) Revise each of my subjects equally instead of just revising my strongest subject which is what I did at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mshends123)

Number 4 isn't going to work

ReputationRep:
    Nothing but nothing in life in any endeavour is more important than a positive mental attitude towards any task. The bigger and more important the task the more vital the PMA becomes. I firmly believe that any pupil who is doing an A level is capable of achieving an A grade. After all if he can learn enough to get a B why not learn all of it and get an A ? If I was a teacher any pupil who presented himself stating that his goal was a B before the course even started would really concern me, because he is already well down the road of failing to fulfill his true potential. So my message to you is aim high and be ruthlessly demanding about the standards you accept from yourself. That is far more important than anything a teacher might say or do. The bad news is that being an engaged learner does require constant hard work throughout the two year course.
    Good luck and may your dreams come true.

PS: Work particularly hard and thoroughly on your weakest subject.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.