Where is everybody staying then ?
Robcampo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=273192

EVERYONE GO HERE!!!!
Vote for Hull to have its own sub-forum!!
We can do it!!!!

Robcampo
spookystarbuck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't know yet - I only decided today that I wanted to go this year and I forgot to ask the lady on the phone about the important things like student digs and stuff....ooops.
prometheus_bob
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Student houses for me...I'm a bit put off by the dial-up internet connection though...
Hurricane_Herd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by prometheus_bob)
Student houses for me...I'm a bit put off by the dial-up internet connection though...

oh dear....i would stand for that. i could never go back to dial up again...i hate those old days...:mad: !
prometheus_bob
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hurricane_Herd)
oh dear....i would stand for that. i could never go back to dial up again...i hate those old days...:mad: !
yeap...no looking back...hahaha...would it be expensive to subscribe for private broadband?
afhstingray
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i was on the HYMS forums and the students in the hull houses said it is possible to get private broadband
cara_gleeson
Report 13 years ago
can any one tell me why the heck taylor court flats are like £2000 more than any of the others? I know they're new, but 2 grand! Streuth! lol
rotherhamlad
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cara_gleeson)
can any one tell me why the heck taylor court flats are like £2000 more than any of the others? I know they're new, but 2 grand! Streuth! lol
i think its cos the contract lasts for the whole of the academic year, while the others are either a) cheaper, or b) close down for christmas and easter holidays...
in taylor court, you stay for the whole year, hence its more suitable for int'l or disabled students...
afhstingray
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
taylor court flats are actually on the campus too, so they're the closest. the others need a bus ride
afhstingray
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh and they have a 50 week (uninterrupted) 15th sept-31aug contract vs 31 (closed for xmas and easter) for the other halls.

student houses are 42 weeks (without interruption) 15th sept-6 jul
Lady Narcissus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Taylor court is totally amazing! Much better than the others, especially if u get up late. It takes like 1 min to get to the law building from there, if that
rotherhamlad
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LauraWalker)
Taylor court is totally amazing! Much better than the others, especially if u get up late. It takes like 1 min to get to the law building from there, if that
ive got in to taylor court...
spookystarbuck
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm in Reckitt.
helendobson23
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nichelson hall . . . anyone else the same?
ingomania106
Report 13 years ago
I got put in a house on cranbrook avenue because the halls etc are full.. Anyone else in one of these houses?
afhstingray
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im on cottingham road, a house
hayley_smith
Report 13 years ago
does anyone know what BROUG0G2A means in regards to Taylor Court? thats what it says on my form and i don't quite understand what it means!
hayley x
rotherhamlad
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by hayley_smith)
does anyone know what BROUG0G2A means in regards to Taylor Court? thats what it says on my form and i don't quite understand what it means!
hayley x
it basically means the house you've been allocated to within taylor court, have no idea what the name of the house is tho! lol, eg. mine's BRANTG10A, which, after ringing up accommodation, is brantington (i think) house, flat 10A (i assume)...
Anna5888
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by helendobson23)
Nichelson hall . . . anyone else the same?
I'm in Nicholson Hall too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (195)
46.65%
Take exams next summer (61)
14.59%
Change uni choice through clearing (94)
22.49%
Apply to uni next year instead (44)
10.53%
I'm not applying to university (24)
5.74%

Watched Threads