Flav

Gotta loves google =]

LOL... Looks nice :smile:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 581
Does anyone happen to have any inside pics of The Lawns? I can't find any on google.
Not ideal, but this page gives you some pictures. 2 show the kitchen of the new en-suite blocks.
http://www.hull.ac.uk/chemistry/conferences/BLCS2010/venue.html
Reply 583
notanumber
Not ideal, but this page gives you some pictures. 2 show the kitchen of the new en-suite blocks.
http://www.hull.ac.uk/chemistry/conferences/BLCS2010/venue.html

That's good, thanks! I'd wanted a picture of one of the corridor/stairway sort of areas too so I'll keep searching, but those are useful, thanks.
Okay Thwaite Hall is not for the Posh Kids, I live in birmingham don't have much money and LOVE IT!
Also, I'm a music student which is very good for me to be in Thwaite because they have a grand piano, a room for it all to itself where people can play their instruments etc.

They don't put their own events on for freshers week, the only things they will put on is Formal dinners which is really good, and some things for christmas.

The people here are all so lovely, the grounds is very nice and when it's sunny it's amazing to be outside with everyone happy playing football, frisbee what not. There's a lake so if you like some alone time outside you can sit on the bench and relax, feed the ducks :smile:

I would say go to the Lawns, but i've heard so many bad things from it that i'd advise not too, or if you do live their, get yourself in with a good trusted group of friends.

Thwaite is nice, never think it's the "posh halls" everyone has their posh kids wherever they are, halls, housing whatever. But thwaite is good.
Yea maybe the bus goes past every so often, but the bus timetables have changed and theres quite a few buses now, ones at Ten to and ones on the hour (which is lucky as the uni clock runs at quarter past the hour for lectures) so you get there just on time.

Also you can walk to uni? Who cares about the bus, if you liek to walk/cycle ? :smile:

Enjoy your stay where ever you are but don't let other people influence you, you read up on it and you choose where to go, get people opinions but don't let them fully influence you.
Hey,

What I keep wondering about is, whether there's balanced vegetarian food served in either catering option
There's a vegetarian option every day in all catered accommodation.
Reply 587
I wouldn't call any of the food vegetarian or not 'balanced', though. :wink:
Wilt
I wouldn't call any of the food vegetarian or not 'balanced', though. :wink:

I wouldn't call ANY of the food balanced, haha. Or edible.
Reply 589
Don't get stuck in pacific court if you get the chance to go elsewhere!
Some people have enjoyed their time here, but I haven't exactly been fond of being miles away from all my friends and the fact that it's falling apart!
Reply 590
Food is ****

That's why I went Nicholson Halls and self catered, takeaways every night FTW!
Reply 591
I'm thinking Ferens Hall. The only thing that puts me off is the fact that they have no sinks in the rooms :/
pws2501
I'm thinking Ferens Hall. The only thing that puts me off is the fact that they have no sinks in the rooms :/

I thought that, but it's really not a problem at all. There is ONE room that has a sink, but it's smaller and not as nice as all the other rooms.
When do the accomodation packs etc get sent out?
Reply 594
pws2501

im so pleased im not the only person wondering this!! i havent got mine through yet. im thinking ferens too. not too fussed about sink, cos lets face it, a hand basin is barely big enough for hands anyway haha x
Reply 595
a.rose92
im so pleased im not the only person wondering this!! i havent got mine through yet. im thinking ferens too. not too fussed about sink, cos lets face it, a hand basin is barely big enough for hands anyway haha x

im thinking nicholson halls or grant
quite scared that im not gonna get any accomodation as I watched my sister applying for accomodation at nottingham and the minute that it went online when she got on there were 6 rooms left and she was lucky to get that... only those students got a firm date of when the application system was opened...
with hull we dont even get a set date :s-smilie:
Reply 596
all under grads are guaranteed some accommodation i thought? i like nicholson but its limited so think ferens is my best option. from what ive gathered we get a pack through the post with a username and an email sent with a password. On one part of hull website it says packs are being sent at the minute
Reply 597
a.rose92
all under grads are guaranteed some accommodation i thought? i like nicholson but its limited so think ferens is my best option. from what ive gathered we get a pack through the post with a username and an email sent with a password. On one part of hull website it says packs are being sent at the minute

yeh i think they are being sent next week
but the thing is we have no set date so as soon as we get them through the post thats when we apply

and yeh all under grads are guaranteed accomodation as far as i know it just might not be the room you want
Reply 598
i have emailed and asked its definitely next week. only thing to do is do it as soon as possible i guess
Reply 599
a.rose92
i have emailed and asked its definitely next week. only thing to do is do it as soon as possible i guess

yeh its kinda scary, what you gonna study at hull?

Quick Reply

Latest