Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering doing the STEP 2 and 3 exams (or at least the prep for them, since I'm not fussed on Cambridge) and was wondering what sub-topics for Core 3 and 4 I'd need to have any sort of advantage when approaching the questions.

I haven't started preparing for them yet and this would narrow down my revision list quite a lot. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainPoncho)
    All of them. It wouldn't be considered an advantage to be familiar with any of them as they are prerequisite. You'll also need Further Maths for STEP III.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khallil)
    All of them. It wouldn't be considered an advantage to be familiar with any of them as they are prerequisite. You'll also need Further Maths for STEP III.
    Ahhh, sorry I only just checked the dates of the exams and realised I'd have finished both Core 3 and 4 by then, for some reason I was convinced the exams were in the winter! I'm doing Further Maths (done FP1 with FP3 and FP4 to come) so I should be fine. Thanks for clearing things up.

ReputationRep:
    No prob. STEP is always sat at the end of the academic year. You might have confused it with the MAT which is sat in November.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I'm considering doing the STEP 2 and 3 exams (or at least the prep for them, since I'm not fussed on Cambridge) and was wondering what sub-topics for Core 3 and 4 I'd need to have any sort of advantage when approaching the questions.

I haven't started preparing for them yet and this would narrow down my revision list quite a lot. Thanks!
    All of them!

If you're in any way serious about STEP II and III you should have complete mastery of the topics in C3 and C4.

And for STEP III you want FP1-FP3 (although I think matrices are no longer in the STEP syllabus, which is a shame).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.