Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I got my results today and i realised that i failed to get 666/38 which was my conditional offer
    I got 776/37 at the end, 7s from maths and physics HL, but 5s from ITGS and psychology.
    Is there still a chance that ill be in? for msci theoretical physics?

ReputationRep:
    Contact the university tomorrow, you exceeded their higher requirements and dropped a point in a probably unrelated subject, just get in touch (or even better would be to get your IB coordinator/head of sixthform to get in touch) and see what they say!

37 is awesome though, I got the same, but i'm sorry to hear you missed out, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Only way to know is to ring them up and explain the situation. A friend of mine missed her offer by 3 pts last year and still got the place after talking to them over the phone. Goodluck.

ReputationRep:
    You' be best off asking UCL themselves. They will probably be able to help more than we can. However, (I have no experience of IB or UCL) but a good few universities that I've talked to have said that if you miss an offer for an MSc core they will probably offer you the BSc course and then if you do well in your 1st & 2nd years you can switch back.

Best of luck in any case and congratulations on you results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthtome)
    Contact the university tomorrow, you exceeded their higher requirements and dropped a point in a probably unrelated subject, just get in touch (or even better would be to get your IB coordinator/head of sixthform to get in touch) and see what they say!

37 is awesome though, I got the same, but i'm sorry to hear you missed out, best of luck!
    Im an international applicant tho and thank you for ur comment. Are you going to UCL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbara95)
    Only way to know is to ring them up and explain the situation. A friend of mine missed her offer by 3 pts last year and still got the place after talking to them over the phone. Goodluck.
    Can I ask which course it was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparta_Kane)
    You' be best off asking UCL themselves. They will probably be able to help more than we can. However, (I have no experience of IB or UCL) but a good few universities that I've talked to have said that if you miss an offer for an MSc core they will probably offer you the BSc course and then if you do well in your 1st & 2nd years you can switch back.

Best of luck in any case and congratulations on you results.
    Thank you I will call them tomorrow but im afraid it will be busy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KorPhysicist)
    Can I ask which course it was?
    Mathematics at Durham

ReputationRep:
    Im an international applicant tho and thank you for ur comment. Are you going to UCL?
    Ah that's awesome! I hope that after you talk to them today they'll understand the situation! And no, I'm going to the University of Sheffield, but I have several friends in your situation and they are just speaking to the unis today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by earthtome)
    Ah that's awesome! I hope that after you talk to them today they'll understand the situation! And no, I'm going to the University of Sheffield, but I have several friends in your situation and they are just speaking to the unis today!
    Its really depressing that non of the phones i call answered if you dont mind, could i know which number i shell call? thank you again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Its really depressing that non of the phones i call answered if you dont mind, could i know which number i shell call? thank you again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try emailing.

I would call all the admissions tutors for your course

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.