Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sorry guys, this is more of a rant about my feelings more than anything else but any advice would be appreciated.

Recently, I don't know what's wrong with me; I feel like I'm trying my hardest at everything but all I do is keep screwing up. My Parents hate me because I'm in a relationship which they disapprove of (OK, OK my BF is not ideal in their eyes, he may not have the best job or be the most muscular and he may be taking a third year in college (resitting AS levels again) but he's so lovely and sweet and treats me so well.) So, my parents hate me and I've had to move out to my nans, which makes me feel like she hates me because I'm a burden. Every time I come home, my parents make me feel miserable and scream at me, my fault obviously, because I can't do anything right and I keep screwing up. The only relief I thought I'd have was if I got into university but of course, I wasn't able to get in this year. So everyone hates me even more because I'll probably have to spend yet another year under their feet and screwing up and making their lives miserable yet again. My friends want nothing to do with me because they've got better people to hang round with. I keep screwing up with my boyfriend and eventually, he's going to start hating me (if he doesn't already) and leave me.

I feel like everyone would be better off without me and I just keep making everyone else's life a mess. I'm such a horrible screw up and no matter how hard I try things keep going wrong. I hate myself so much. Any help? Please? I feel so lonely at the moment :'(

ReputationRep:
    Pm me. I'll see what I can do.
    I've been through something similar, and I'd love to help, but I'm a bit busy. I'll do what I can.

ReputationRep:
    Scratch that. Ive been through the same thing, parents hate me, friends pretty much disown me and me worrying about screwing up with my girlfriend. So, first things first....

I'm on my phone, so bear with. Secondly, your parents have to learn to accept after a while. Sure, it's in their best interests to protect you, but once you head to uni, then what? Baby you till trumpet day? If being in a relationship is seen as a problem, then its yours. No offence, but your parents should let you deal with it your way, and not interfere (much)

Sexondly, friends come and go. I've been up and down this country loads and everytime I move to a new school, friends just fizzle away, and I end up making new ones. My mum once told me, uni friends are pretty much for life. You're older and more mature, and your relationship with friends would go further. I won't worry too much now. Find something new to do. Join a club or society. It'll help lots.

Lastly, but most importantly, yoir relationship. It's super-important, but I find that if this guy loves you for who you are, no matter how many times you screw up or think you screwed up, he'll always forgive you. Share your problems with him. Don't worry about being a burden because by sharing, it brings you two closer together. A problem shared is a problem halved after all. Calm down, that's the best advice I can offer if it all seems to break down, but do share your problems. Somewhere, out there, are people who are there for you. Always.

Hope it turns out well. take care

Thank You so much, this made me feel so much better Thank You

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.