Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A Question About Immigration. Watch

ReputationRep:
    We see on this site everyday threads about immigration and immigrants, the problems they may or may not cause. Whether or not they are liked or disliked. Whether or not the natives of the country they have moved to are racists or whether the immigrants themselves are racist.

But stop and think about this, how can you tell if someone is an immigrant?

ReputationRep:
    Is this question specific to the UK ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    Is this question specific to the UK ?
    For the sake of argument, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    For the sake of argument, yes.
    how can you tell the difference between a cat and a dog ?

ReputationRep:
    how can you tell the difference between a cat and a dog ?
    They are different animals all together.

ReputationRep:
    We see on this site everyday threads about immigration and immigrants, the problems they may or may not cause. Whether or not they are liked or disliked. Whether or not the natives of the country they have moved to are racists or whether the immigrants themselves are racist.

But stop and think about this, how can you tell if someone is an immigrant?
    For brits non white=immigrants

I had many brits telling me that they hate non whites ,they don't mind (polish immigrants)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slk4ever)
    For brits non white=immigrants

I had many brits telling me that they hate non whites ,they don't mind (polish immigrants)
    Are you claiming this as a fact or opinion, because you will see in such **** stirring papers such as the Daily Mail, that white people can also fall into the category of "immigrant".

This Brits that old you they hated non whites, what provoked them to come out with such a remake? (Assuming they didn't just walk up to you in the street).

ReputationRep:
    An immigrant (in my opinion) is someone that doesn't have a British accent (or local/regional accent for that matter).
    I.e someone with a Geordie accent in Birmingham is clearly an immigrant to the Midlands.

ReputationRep:
    We don't wish to compare ourselves to other races, we are unique and we are what we are, and we want to stay that way.Unlike the brits we never felt the need to steal from other country ,even nowdays these low class brits prefer to claim benefits and selling drugs instead of working...:mad:

Out of interest, where in the UK do you live?

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, where in the UK do you live?
    Why do you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to know?
    To better understand the demographic area in which you live.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should know pretty well from the responses that you are coming across as an absolute idiot - just like any Tamil on the street. Although I still love all Tamils.

ReputationRep:
    They are different animals all together.
    how do you know.

ReputationRep:
    how do you know.
    Because you can see it.

ReputationRep:
    Because you can see it.
    there's your answer

ReputationRep:
    Good indicator is if they can't speak the local language or aren't looking like the local people

ReputationRep:
    Asking this question is a good way of drawing out what the real motives of those that always complain about immigration on here are:

remember how they always like to tell us they aren't racist, it's only the media that is playing the race card against them, they are just reflecting 'genuine concerns' about low pay, housing shortages and whatever

But when it comes to it their definition is basically they don't look like or sound like what they think a British person should be, ie white. The bottom line is they judge people on the colour of their skin: if they aren't white they don't want them here and they want to complain about them all the time.

But remember folks thats not racist, it's just the left wing media that plays the race card.

ReputationRep:
    Mass immigration affects British blacks, and British Indians etc aswell .

They should also oppose mass immigration.

ReputationRep:
    Mass immigration affects British blacks, and British Indians etc aswell .

They should also oppose mass immigration.
    Not really ,I'm a British Sri lankan and I believe that everyone should have a chance for a better life,I don't feel threatened by immigrants because I'm someone who works really hard.

ReputationRep:
    An immigrant is someone who isn't ethnically English, Scottish or Welsh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.