The Student Room Group

If polygamy became legal and accepted tomorrow, would you do it?

I know a guy who lives abroad with 4 wives, each have two/three kids n I find it ridiculous, but quite a few of my male mates upon hearing about this guy expressed how amazing they thought he was lol. So yeah be honest if anyone answers lol...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AyCaramba
I know a guy who lives abroad with 4 wives, each have two/three kids n I find it ridiculous, but quite a few of my male mates upon hearing about this guy expressed how amazing they thought he was lol. So yeah be honest if anyone answers lol...

One husband is enough

As for a second wife in the house - I would not be keen - I like my space
Tbh, it is hard enough finding one girlfriend at the moment.

It would take my entire life to find 4.
Hell no, I can barely handle one girlfriend, sounds terrible, think how bitchy the girls would be with each other as well.
Reply 4
Original post by TenOfThem
One husband is enough

As for a second wife in the house - I would not be keen - I like my space

Oh **** yeah all 4 or even 2 in one house would lead to fights i'd imagine too haha, this guy has a house for EACH WIFE though haha
Oh **** yeah all 4 or even 2 in one house would lead to fights i'd imagine too haha, this guy has a house for EACH WIFE though haha

oh, I see

Financially we would be far worse off in that scenario - not keen on that
Reply 6
Original post by TenOfThem
oh, I see

Financially we would be far worse off in that scenario - not keen on that

yep, the attraction confuses me
Reply 7
Original post by DorianGrayism
Tbh, it is hard enough finding one girlfriend at the moment.

It would take my entire life to find 4.

Ahaha especially 4 who don't mind being one of multiple girlfriends jeez
Reply 8
Original post by Mankytoes
Hell no, I can barely handle one girlfriend, sounds terrible, think how bitchy the girls would be with each other as well.

Yep a true bitchfest, don't know how he does it lol
Reply 9
Never. The thought of sharing someone or being shared is horrible.
No. I wouldn't change the way I want my relationship setup to be like purely because it became legal. I wouldn't want my significant other to be shared by any other people other than myself. Plus I have trouble getting even one person to like me, let alone four or five! :lol:
I have friends of mine in poly relationships and I've seen that they can work really well for people. On the assumption that the definition of polygamy here includes both polygyny and polyandry, I might consider it if I ever ended up in a poly relationship myself (to which, at the moment, I would say I have no inclination either way). So maybe, is my answer.
I doubt it. One relationship is difficult enough

I think that in certain countries poverty / class probably has a large part to play in polygamous relationships. I can't imagine a woman from a wealthy background committing to a relationship where she is one of 4 or even 2 wives. On the other hand, it seems more likely that a woman who is from a poorer background, with no real prospects in life, would agree to being 1 of however many number of wives if it meant that she would be provided for and financially stable.
Reply 13
I don't think I'd do it. I'm all about true, monogamous love*. I'm basically a lonely swan.

Not to say that polygamous love cannot be "true".
Reply 14
Nope, one partner at a time is enough for me personally. Wouldn't want to share or be shared.
As someone who had two girlfriends at the same time, no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in an open relationship.
Reply 18

The guy is a legend I would love 2 wifes or girlfriends:wink:
Reply 19
The more the better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending