Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spots Why Do We Need Them They Are Horrid Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys how can i get rid of sports in the safest way i hate them and want them gone quick anybody help?

ReputationRep:
    Sandpaper.

ReputationRep:
    Manuka honey. Trust me, I'd never use anything else on my face and I had it pretty damn bad. The doc just kept giving me tablets that made me throw up and I read online about using honey on your face. It doesnt dry it out, it doesnt make it peel, it doesnt sting, its not irritating. The only problem is it's expensive but isn't all spot cream etc??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DjDannyMcDjb)
    how can i get rid of spots quick
    Stop eating any processed food. Steam your face over the sink and drink loads of water or herbal teas. Cut out sugar etc.

Bad news - I am quite old …… and still getting spots - big one on my lip and another on my nose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melinae)
    Manuka honey. Trust me, I'd never use anything else on my face and I had it pretty damn bad. The doc just kept giving me tablets that made me throw up and I read online about using honey on your face. It doesnt dry it out, it doesnt make it peel, it doesnt sting, its not irritating. The only problem is it's expensive but isn't all spot cream etc??
    Do you just spread it on and leave it overnight or wash it off straight away etc? Might give it a go if it really works haha

OP I use foaming face wash, which is ok. I still have a few spots, I'm also on the pill and that has reduced my spots a bit too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplelamp)
    Do you just spread it on and leave it overnight or wash it off straight away etc? Might give it a go if it really works haha

OP I use foaming face wash, which is ok. I still have a few spots, I'm also on the pill and that has reduced my spots a bit too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi!
    Basically, you get a flannel ready and your tub of honey. put a little bit on your fingers. If it's too sticky to spread put a little bit of water on it. Then pop it all over your face (or anywhere else if you want lol) and leave it on for ~5 minutes. Watch TV or whatever, it'll stick to your face so don't worry about it dripping. Then you wash it off and stand amazed at how soft it makes your skin. I had a really bad spot appear yesterday and it's already on its way out today. xD Honey to the rescue!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Basically, you get a flannel ready and your tub of honey. put a little bit on your fingers. If it's too sticky to spread put a little bit of water on it. Then pop it all over your face (or anywhere else if you want lol) and leave it on for ~5 minutes. Watch TV or whatever, it'll stick to your face so don't worry about it dripping. Then you wash it off and stand amazed at how soft it makes your skin. I had a really bad spot appear yesterday and it's already on its way out today. xD Honey to the rescue!
    Thanks very much, I'll give it a go
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Salt and toothpaste on the nose. Stings a bit but works well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Salt and toothpaste on the nose. Stings a bit but works well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I think this might not be too wise for someone with sensitive skin to use.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I use tea tree oil cream that dissolves over the spot. I find the cream better to use than actual tea tree oil for some reason - also its more suitable for spots near the mouth since tea tree oil is toxic on ingestion.

Haven't tried the honey method yet to be honest, I should probably try it sometime.

Edit: I wouldn't suggest using it on patches of redness where spots have been or appear to be developing, because the cream I used caused "inflammatory spots" to appear there, at least to my knowledge. So apply only on visible spots.
    Also for me toothpaste never worked, stung like hell.

ReputationRep:
    Never use toothpaste. And definitely don't use a toothbrush like some people suggest for black heads. =.= Well, unless you want a burning sensation unnecessarily and even worse marks on your face. /experience

ReputationRep:
    Drink lots of water. Dont eat crap. Everytime I eat lots of crappy foods like burgers chocolates crisps spots start poppin up

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Oohhh I may give this a shot myself.

Do you only put the honey on your spot, or your whole face? Also does it matter what type or does any type work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    Oohhh I may give this a shot myself.

Do you only put the honey on your spot, or your whole face? Also does it matter what type or does any type work?
    Depending on how bad your skin is you can put it all over, its good for your skin in general so I like to put it all over. I tried normal cheap Tesco brand honey and it made a difference but not for a long long time. Then I moved to 15+ Manuka Honey bought from Holland & Barrett (and they do a buy one getone half price so you can stock up!) for £10. Much better, results almost instantly. I've heard Raw honey works well as well. Basically anything that hasn't been heated, like the own brand and pure honey has been because when its heated, a lot of the good bacteria are flushed out and that's what you want to cure your face!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    stop eating ALL dairy.

ReputationRep:
    OP never use toothpast. I know it gets a bunch of good reviews from some people but different toothpastes can have different reactions and so can different skin types. Toothpaste can cause scarring as it did for me and some other people I have known.

Something that should help is to get a regular skin routine no matter what you do just keep it regular, for example wash your face in the morning and at night using the same products and not constantly changing products.

ReputationRep:
    Won't work quickly but if you want to get rid of spots completely go to your GP and ask for tetracycline - worked wonders for me. I used to be plagued with a acne and now I have close to no spots. If tetracycline doesn't work then they'll give you a stronger one called roaccutane I think it's called - has quite a few side effects but worked excellently for my brother.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ell365)
    stop eating ALL dairy.
    Where is the evidence that dairy causes spots? Everyone brings this up but I've set to see anyone with evidence that it does cause spots. It's like the rumor of how Chocolate gives you spots which has been proven false...

ReputationRep:
    Stop touching your face.

ReputationRep:
    Where is the evidence that dairy causes spots? Everyone brings this up but I've set to see anyone with evidence that it does cause spots. It's like the rumor of how Chocolate gives you spots which has been proven false...
    I had acne and when I stopped eating dairy, it went away. Don't know about spots though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.