Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long was there between your first and second relationship? Watch

Was it due to not wanting to get into another one, or because you didn't have the opportunity?

ReputationRep:
    6 months, was on the road to master league :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Three years and counting. The first year or so because I didn't want one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    Three years and counting. The first year or so because I didn't want one.
    hmm roughly a year now for moi
    ah..id say a bit of both.. Im not at a place where id chase any gurl

what do yeh think has been stopping yeh the last 2 years then:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    what do yeh think has been stopping yeh the last 2 years then:?
    Lack of confidence probably.

Maybe lack of opportunity too. Most of my time is spent at work or out with my work friends... where I don't really think about looking for girls to attempt to talk to.

I could probably try harder to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Six months. I didn't even want a relationship after the first one ended and I was completely happy being single, but then three months ago I got closer to an acquaintance and it happened when I least expected it...Now I'm in love and I've never been this happy

ReputationRep:
    I was with my first boyfriend for just over a year- things turned nasty and he cheated on me, and following this I guess I rushed into another 'rebound' relationship only a month later in a way to just to avoid the horrible, upset feelings that I didn't want to face.

This rebound relationship lasted 11 months (doomed from the start really!) and then once again I rushed into a rebound relationship after another 3 months. That relationship lasted a while, around 2 years but again- it turned nasty and even manipulative and abusive.

I met my current partner when I was crying over how abusive and horrible by boyfriend was being to me. We became friends and he gave me advice and we became closer and closer slowly!

So basically: moral of the story is make sure you don't rush into things just because you don't want to face the upsetting emotions that go along with a break up!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    1 year. Mainly because my ex cheated on me and as such I wasn't feeling quite ready for another relationship so soon (Trust issues, fear of getting hurt etc etc), so I just enjoyed the single life. Met my current girlfriend in January this year, started a relationship in March, since really we clicked right from the off. Honestly so much more happier now for it.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    I guess a few months, but a few years before my second proper relationship.

ReputationRep:
    A decade plus? I tried not to get that involved because I'd be bad at it. But I'm not the most attractive lad either so I never had a choice! Haha

ReputationRep:
    18 months, I was looking from about 8 months in but not seriously, more to just see if there was anyone interested. I felt ready after 18 months. Before that I was just looking for a confidence boost.

ReputationRep:
    Literally 12 hours

I broke up with my girlfriend and intended on being single for a while at least, but had being having feelings for this guy for a while (ignoring them because I had a girlfriend) but after I broke up with her I went to a friends party which this guy was also at, got a bit tipsy and kissed him, and a relationship came out of that by accident, but I've also never been happier I've been with the guy since then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guppygould)
    A decade plus? I tried not to get that involved because I'd be bad at it. But I'm not the most attractive lad either so I never had a choice! Haha
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    Lack of confidence probably.

Maybe lack of opportunity too. Most of my time is spent at work or out with my work friends... where I don't really think about looking for girls to attempt to talk to.

I could probably try harder to be honest.
    10 years say what?! do you not plan on settling down or...

hmmm yeh you plan on trying harder now?

I mean what can yeh do kid
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I've only been in one relationship though we had a break at the beginning. We were going out when we were young and immature and we broke up after 6 months and we got back together properly a year later and we have been together ever since which was 5 yrs ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A year and 3 months.
    My first relationship was too much too soon and it was with a very manipulative man. Then I was sexually assaulted very soon after being dumped, which really scared me. I didn't want a relationship until me and my boyfriend admitted to having feelings for each other. We'd been fwb for a couple of months before that happened, as well as very close friends before that. I think I waited a suitable amount of time given the circumstances.

(Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    I guess a few months, but a few years before my second proper relationship.
    Why was it not proper? Too short?

(Original post by OhhNo)
    Literally 12 hours

I broke up with my girlfriend and intended on being single for a while at least, but had being having feelings for this guy for a while (ignoring them because I had a girlfriend) but after I broke up with her I went to a friends party which this guy was also at, got a bit tipsy and kissed him, and a relationship came out of that by accident, but I've also never been happier I've been with the guy since then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you a guy or girl?
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why was it not proper? Too short?

Are you a guy or girl?

Not proper really, just went through a series of flings to be frank. But I was young :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    10 years say what?! do you not plan on settling down or...

hmmm yeh you plan on trying harder now?

I mean what can yeh do kid
    Sure, I guess I was about 13 when I had my first one (who is now my best friend) and I turned 23 last week. i think you see me as having a choice here! -I'd feel bad because any girl could do a hell of a lot better than me. So yeah; not for me really.

ReputationRep:
    About ten minutes. I was a messed up teen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guppygould)
    Sure, I guess I was about 13 when I had my first one (who is now my best friend) and I turned 23 last week. i think you see me as having a choice here! -I'd feel bad because any girl could do a hell of a lot better than me. So yeah; not for me really.
    idk about that man..im sure a lot of gals would be doing well too

so what yeh gonna do to tackle that or are you happy as it is:?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.