The Student Room Group

GCSE Student Chat thread MK IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asciant
Letters are boring :tongue: I hate meringues :frown:

Aww :frown:((

Is this too late to be having supper in your oh so incorrect opinion?? Although it'll be more like 7:45-8 by the time we're eating.... Going out for supper now (this house is suffering from a lack of food :frown:) so au revoir!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are worth a lot more than the grades you will get on a piece of paper.

Always remember, whatever you got(early entry), or will get in the future. Exams don’t define your life,you don’t need good grades to make something good out of your life.

Always Remember "Winners are too busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated.":smile:
Original post by German123
You are worth a lot more than the grades you will get on a piece of paper.

Always remember, whatever you got(early entry), or will get in the future. Exams don’t define your life,you don’t need good grades to make something good out of your life.

Always Remember "Winners are too busy to be sad, to positive to be doubtful, to optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated.":smile:

:smile:
Original post by Jalal Uddin

Original post by Sarah Bethany
Aww :frown:((

Is this too late to be having supper in your oh so incorrect opinion?? Although it'll be more like 7:45-8 by the time we're eating.... Going out for supper now (this house is suffering from a lack of food :frown:) so au revoir!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't had supper yet :biggrin:
Original post by Asciant
I haven't had supper yet :biggrin:

Wow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where is everyone man cmon
Are there any musicians/pianists around here??? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jshep000

I am here hombre :smile:
Ben and Derek are probably playing league or somethin

Are there any musicians/pianists around here??? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I play the violin if that counts for your criteria, I am going to learn to play the piano though :smile:
Why do you ask?
Original post by jshep000

Went out for a meal but back now what's up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozzie2
I am here hombre :smile:
Ben and Derek are probably playing league or somethin

I play the violin if that counts for your criteria, I am going to learn to play the piano though :smile:
Why do you ask?

Just wondering really... Was wondering if anyone's doing grade 7 Piano.. Haha I play multiple things: flute, piano, viola, guitar, ukulele :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering really... Was wondering if anyone's doing grade 7 Piano.. Haha I play multiple things: flute, piano, viola, guitar, ukulele :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man I feel so belittled when everyone talks about music, only got grade 4 yesterday when everyone my age is grade 6/7. But wow that's quite a collection, I also have a saxaphone and acustic guitar which were my dad's. Might have a little daddle with them, but may need lessons for the saxaphone.
Original post by AngelPhys
Heyy, bet you guys missed me :biggrin:.

I got banned for a week and got unbanned on the day I went on holiday! Lol.

I went to Belgium( fave country out of all that I've been on the holiday), France, Germany ,SwitErland ands Luxemburg.

Long hours in the coach lol, me and my friend kept shouting 'Heskey' in the coach and we threw chewing gums at other people's head. They didn't react much, lol. One Indian dude said
'Naughty boys'. Lollol.

I noticed a direct correlation between the activity of this thread and your absence, please takes notes and adjust your usage of the thread accordingly.
Original post by ozzie2
Oh man I feel so belittled when everyone talks about music, only got grade 4 yesterday when everyone my age is grade 6/7. But wow that's quite a collection, I also have a saxaphone and acustic guitar which were my dad's. Might have a little daddle with them, but may need lessons for the saxaphone.

But I'm assuming that's grade 4 violin which is so much harder!! What did you get?? I only do grades on flute and piano :tongue: saxaphone is awesome! I'd love to play it! :biggrin: I'm still waiting for my grade 8 flute result -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
But I'm assuming that's grade 4 violin which is so much harder!! What did you get?? I only do grades on flute and piano :tongue: saxaphone is awesome! I'd love to play it! :biggrin: I'm still waiting for my grade 8 flute result -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah of course violin is hard, but grade 7 will be harder than grade 4. Sadly I only got a pass, however the examiner seemed to be a bit critical on the notes, he only said 1 or 2 bad things on my pieces and dropped like 8 marks on them, I was like what?! Oh well at least I got it anyway :smile:
Yeah I like the saxaphone, but I really wanna learn the piano. I might get my friend to give me lessons as he is really good and I can pay him a little (but of course cheaper than real teachers). Oh wow so you are doing grade 8, Jesus please stop rubbing it in my face how bad I am :frown:
Original post by ozzie2
Yeah of course violin is hard, but grade 7 will be harder than grade 4. Sadly I only got a pass, however the examiner seemed to be a bit critical on the notes, he only said 1 or 2 bad things on my pieces and dropped like 8 marks on them, I was like what?! Oh well at least I got it anyway :smile:
Yeah I like the saxaphone, but I really wanna learn the piano. I might get my friend to give me lessons as he is really good and I can pay him a little (but of course cheaper than real teachers). Oh wow so you are doing grade 8, Jesus please stop rubbing it in my face how bad I am :frown:

A lot of my friends play violin and they aren't doing as high grades as woodwind players - grade 6 is the highest in my year (I think) and she's reeaaally good! Argh I hate it when examiners do that! They need to give reasons if they're going to take away so many marks!
Yeah I really like piano, and it's so useful for other musicy things - especially for GCSE - did you take it? Aw yeah, that's handy!! Haha :tongue:
Sorry, I don't mean to :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozzie2
To be honest, most people my age have around grade 6, but in my school pretty much everyone plays guitar. The orchestra is tiny, but in my new school it will be bigger, so that's good :smile:
Yeah he said similar criticisms to my grade 3 exam, however I got a merit in that. I just don't understand it, they aren't in depth enough. I wish they typed it up or something and not put it on a scrap piece of paper.
Nah I didn't take it for GCSE, don't know whether I regret it or not because it sounds a fair bit different to normal violin lessons, as you learn about different composers etc which I don't know if I would have liked enough to want to do the GCSE. Also the composition thing seems a bit tough, 10 hours to make it, I don't know whether I would have been able to make something good enough for an A or A*.
Don't worry I don't mind you talking about it, kinda encourages me to work harder for my other grades, but I don't know how I will be able to fit it in with my A levels :s-smilie:

Yeah, we have a tiny music department, but looaads of musicians! So I'm in 5 different bands atm which is good :biggrin: yeah, it'll be much better with more people! :smile:
Yeah! You can barely read their scribbles! Which exam board do you do?
Yeah, it's very different, although we didn't have to know about composers etc.. I was on AQA and you did 2 performances, 2 compositions and a listening exam all of which I found rather fun :biggrin:
What A levels are you taking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gingerbread101
My stalker/fan/whatever likes to annoy people

Posted from TSR Mobile

I gathered that....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ozzie2

I hate the small music department in my current school, more people = better music (unless there's too many :smile: )
My exam board is ABRSM what about you? Yeah it's so annoying trying to decipher what they say, harder than GCSEs :tongue:
I don't know the exam board for ours, I forgot most of them for the GCSEs I took :eek:
I'm taking: Chemistry,maths,biology and economics. What about you? Music, music, music and music? :wink:

Yep, I have to agree :smile:
Yeah, I do ABRSM as well - I prefer them, except for the aural, it gets so hard!! D:
Haha most of mine were AQA so it's easy to remember :tongue:
And no, would it surprise you that I'm dropping music? Haha :tongue: I'm taking: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths :biggrin: I took Economics GCSE and loved it! But we were the first year they offered it to and they don't currently offer A level :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep, I have to agree :smile:
Yeah, I do ABRSM as well - I prefer them, except for the aural, it gets so hard!! D:
Haha most of mine were AQA so it's easy to remember :tongue:
And no, would it surprise you that I'm dropping music? Haha :tongue: I'm taking: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths :biggrin: I took Economics GCSE and loved it! But we were the first year they offered it to and they don't currently offer A level :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh God I hate the aural, I can't sing at all so I always do bad, although in practice my teacher says I am pretty good :biggrin:
Yeah same here but can't remember some of the other ones. I know Spanish is WJEC because it's a stupid exam board
Oh wow, that's strange. There's someone in year 13 who is amazing at the Piano in my school and got an unconditional offer from a uni if he put it as his first option.
Jeez they sound like though A levels, good luck :biggrin:
I only decided I liked economics last year, after I decided to not do medicine at uni :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest