The Student Room Group

How to maintain LDR?

Hey guys, so I'm in a long distance relationship and have been for a few months. My girlfriend lives in Austria and I live in England. We're doing well and would potentially like to live together next year as she'd happily move here to be with me. I'm just wondering if anybody has some experience of LDR's and how to keep them going until you eventually come together :smile: we skype everyday and are very much in love with each other so we are very happy, I'm just wondering how to keep it this way. Cheers guys!
Keep skyping (communication is vital, but remember to give each other space too), don't argue about petty things because it's easier for arguments to get out of hand, plan in visits, surprise handwritten letters/presents or even a surprise visit keep things fresh! And then try and have a point where being long distance will end so you have something to aim for :smile: good luck!
Reply 2
Use lots of light and also ensure it remains in an active, complete circuit.

Oh you mean a Long Distance Relationship? Sorry, can't help you.
Skype often but not too often. Send things to each other. Try to have as many visits as possible.
Original post by MrBean1994
Hey guys, so I'm in a long distance relationship and have been for a few months. My girlfriend lives in Austria and I live in England. We're doing well and would potentially like to live together next year as she'd happily move here to be with me. I'm just wondering if anybody has some experience of LDR's and how to keep them going until you eventually come together :smile: we skype everyday and are very much in love with each other so we are very happy, I'm just wondering how to keep it this way. Cheers guys!

Awwww!! My boyfriend's mum is Austrian and his dad is English and they were long distance for quite a while too (without skype :eek:) and they've been married for over 40 years now. So you're in good company!!

I'm also long distance (currently in Vienna with bf in England) and my best advice is just keep skyping and meet up as often as you can. Also, whilst it sounds a bit quaint, writing surprise letters/postcards can be a much more personal, really lovely way of reminding each other how much you both care.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending