Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    on codecademy, there's: python, JavaScript, html and ruby, I want to go onto games and want to start relatively easy but not too easy... if you get what i mean... what language would you suggest?

ReputationRep:
    Latin, have you ever seen someone speak in Latin and not get swarmed by over 9000 chicks? Exactly. Bulletproof idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece Sure)
    Latin, have you ever seen someone speak in Latin and not get swarmed by over 9000 chicks? Exactly. Bulletproof idea.
    But i'm gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B.Carmine)
    on codecademy, there's: python, JavaScript, html and ruby, I want to go onto games and want to start relatively easy but not too easy... if you get what i mean... what language would you suggest?
    Realistically if you want to do games programming, none of these languages are going to be particularly important to you in the future. (HTML also isn't a programming language, it's a markup language, but that isn't really of huge importance right here.)

JavaScript is probably going to be easier once you've learned HTML and CSS as it gives you more to tinker with (same with JQuery which I know they offer too.) Between Python and Ruby, well... Python is more well known both in academia (easy to teach) and in industry as a 'secondary' language often (easy to debug.)

Ruby is fun though, but can sometimes suffer from the problem of there being 14 different ways to do the same thing. Also, the Codecademy course for Ruby simply isn't as good or as engaging as the Python one. I'd recommend Python to start with, Ruby if you get bored, and HTML/CSS/JS if you fancy a serious turn in a different direction.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.