Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gents - Perfume suggestions please ?! Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Was just wondering if someone could recommend me a good smelling perfume, one that won't be too expensive but also one that is not commonly used by people (e.g. 1 million)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    Well the ones I currently use are; Jean Paul Gaultier summer fragrance,I have the winter one too. The winter one is a bit stronger, but I think it smells better. I also have Joop Homme Wild, but I've only used it a couple if times, the one I use most days is Hollister cologne. It's quite sweet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Hello

Was just wondering if someone could recommend me a good smelling perfume, one that won't be too expensive but also one that is not commonly used by people (e.g. 1 million)

Any suggestions would be appreciated! :bigsmile:
    Where is it going to be worn?

If you're looking for an every day scent try these:

Burberry Brit, supposedly a cold weather scent but I think it works well in summer too so is an all rounder. Best way to describe the smell is slightly floral with a lot of powder in. Smells very clean, you will get compliments with it.

Versace The Dreamer, same again really but this has more of a clean laundry smell. The opening is a bit harsh (I like it, some don't) but after the first 20 mins it is fantastic. It's solid gold, massive compliment getter.

Rochas Man, more of an Autumnal/Winter one but at that price it's a steal. It smells like a more sophisticated 'Lynx Dark Temptation' (the chocolate one if you've smelled that). Don't be put off by the Lynx comparison, it is far better.

Boss Bottled, I'd describe this as fruity & clean. strong cinnamon & apple smell. It's a classic.

Can't go wrong with any of these really, The Dreamer and Boss Bottled were big in the 90's but are not worn so much now. If there was a specific occasion I could start pulling out wild cards but those are all likeable, reasonably safe choices.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott.)
    Well the ones I currently use are; Jean Paul Gaultier summer fragrance,I have the winter one too. The winter one is a bit stronger, but I think it smells better. I also have Joop Homme Wild, but I've only used it a couple if times, the one I use most days is Hollister cologne. It's quite sweet.
    Defo checking these out!

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Where is it going to be worn?

If you're looking for an every day scent try these:

Burberry Brit, supposedly a cold weather scent but I think it works well in summer too so is an all rounder. Best way to describe the smell is slightly floral with a lot of powder in. Smells very clean, you will get compliments with it.

Versace The Dreamer, same again really but this has more of a clean laundry smell. The opening is a bit harsh (I like it, some don't) but after the first 20 mins it is fantastic. It's solid gold, massive compliment getter.

Rochas Man, more of an Autumnal/Winter one but at that price it's a steal. It smells like a more sophisticated 'Lynx Dark Temptation' (the chocolate one if you've smelled that). Don't be put off by the Lynx comparison, it is far better.

Boss Bottled, I'd describe this as fruity & clean. strong cinnamon & apple smell. It's a classic.

Can't go wrong with any of these really, The Dreamer and Boss Bottled were big in the 90's but are not worn so much now. If there was a specific occasion I could start pulling out wild cards but those are all likeable, reasonably safe choices.
    Thanks both for the perfumes! Checking out these too!

I'll be using them mainly on a night out to a bar, not so much an everyday perfume, but that's something I'm thinking of looking into aswell!
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Jasmine scent

ReputationRep:
    Flowerbomb is awesome. Lke Prada Candy, but fizzier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Thanks both for the perfumes! Checking out these too!

I'll be using them mainly on a night out to a bar, not so much an everyday perfume, but that's something I'm thinking of looking into aswell!
    Well in that case buy this.

Here is a review.

I'd recommend this as well. It smells like a mixture of cocoa, tobacco and cherry. I own both of those as well as the ones I linked above and the Malt is by far my favourite.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.