smokingarea
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Since I'm going to Cambridge this summer, I would know how Cambridge nitghtlife is and where you suggest to go. Thank you.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There isn't any.
nghz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There is about one club and a couple of pub/ bars
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cole-slaw)
There isn't any.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
PythianLegume
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by smokingarea)
Since I'm going to Cambridge this summer, I would know how Cambridge nitghtlife is and where you suggest to go. Thank you.
Cambridge nightlife certainly isn't as good as big cities. There are 4 clubs and two universities, so it's rare to go anywhere and it be empty (except during or close to exams), and all 4 of them are used by students. Your college will probably organise trips in Fresher's Week so you know where they all are.

Cambridge nightlife is what you make of it, really. There are those who never go out and those who'll go clubbing at least every other day, if not more regularly. If you really want to go in for that stuff, you'll want to try and join a drinking society.
Damien_Dalgaard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PythianLegume)
Cambridge nightlife certainly isn't as good as big cities. There are 4 clubs and two universities, so it's rare to go anywhere and it be empty (except during or close to exams), and all 4 of them are used by students. Your college will probably organise trips in Fresher's Week so you know where they all are.

Cambridge nightlife is what you make of it, really. There are those who never go out and those who'll go clubbing at least every other day, if not more regularly. If you really want to go in for that stuff, you'll want to try and join a drinking society.

Can you just keep to yourself at Cambridge, and not go out clubbing and all the other bs.

By this I mean just study independently and not interact with anyone else.
PythianLegume
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
Can you just keep to yourself at Cambridge, and not go out clubbing and all the other bs.

By this I mean just study independently and not interact with anyone else.
Well yes, it's quite easy to not interact with people. Obviously.
Anonymousmouse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Fez club, Lola's, Revolution
Damien_Dalgaard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PythianLegume)
Well yes, it's quite easy to not interact with people. Obviously.
Can I ask you is it compulsory to attend lectures, if admitted to Cambridge I wouldn't think of skipping them - just interested.
PythianLegume
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can I ask you is it compulsory to attend lectures, if admitted to Cambridge I wouldn't think of skipping them - just interested.
Of course not - I'm not aware of anywhere that has compulsory lectures.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, but if you miss supervisions it will be noted and questions will be asked, and for some science subjects, practicals have compulsory attendance.
Blackacre
Badges: 12
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymousmouse)
Fez club, Lola's, Revolution
How did you miss Cindies?! :zomg:

There's also Life (now called Kuda?). :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (29)
19.46%
I'm not sure (3)
2.01%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (51)
34.23%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.01%
I'm not a current university student (63)
42.28%

Watched Threads