Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm going to Cambridge this summer, I would know how Cambridge nitghtlife is and where you suggest to go. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    There isn't any.

ReputationRep:
    There is about one club and a couple of pub/ bars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    There isn't any.
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smokingarea)
    Since I'm going to Cambridge this summer, I would know how Cambridge nitghtlife is and where you suggest to go. Thank you.
    Cambridge nightlife certainly isn't as good as big cities. There are 4 clubs and two universities, so it's rare to go anywhere and it be empty (except during or close to exams), and all 4 of them are used by students. Your college will probably organise trips in Fresher's Week so you know where they all are.

Cambridge nightlife is what you make of it, really. There are those who never go out and those who'll go clubbing at least every other day, if not more regularly. If you really want to go in for that stuff, you'll want to try and join a drinking society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Cambridge nightlife certainly isn't as good as big cities. There are 4 clubs and two universities, so it's rare to go anywhere and it be empty (except during or close to exams), and all 4 of them are used by students. Your college will probably organise trips in Fresher's Week so you know where they all are.

Cambridge nightlife is what you make of it, really. There are those who never go out and those who'll go clubbing at least every other day, if not more regularly. If you really want to go in for that stuff, you'll want to try and join a drinking society.

Can you just keep to yourself at Cambridge, and not go out clubbing and all the other bs.

By this I mean just study independently and not interact with anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    Can you just keep to yourself at Cambridge, and not go out clubbing and all the other bs.

By this I mean just study independently and not interact with anyone else.
    Well yes, it's quite easy to not interact with people. Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Fez club, Lola's, Revolution

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Well yes, it's quite easy to not interact with people. Obviously.
    Can I ask you is it compulsory to attend lectures, if admitted to Cambridge I wouldn't think of skipping them - just interested.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask you is it compulsory to attend lectures, if admitted to Cambridge I wouldn't think of skipping them - just interested.
    Of course not - I'm not aware of anywhere that has compulsory lectures.

ReputationRep:
    No, but if you miss supervisions it will be noted and questions will be asked, and for some science subjects, practicals have compulsory attendance.

(Original post by Anonymousmouse)
      Fez club, Lola's, Revolution
      How did you miss Cindies?! :zomg:

There's also Life (now called Kuda?). :yep:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.