Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My friend started talking to this guy as friends through facebook but then next day they 'apparently' fell in love. They started talking on the phone and so on.

I told her to Skype him (I had doubts, she didn't) and he turned out to be who he said he was.

Few months after she's telling me how he stood her up and so on so she decided to leave him. She got me to break up with him for her which ended up with me and him arguing with each other since he thought I had something to do with it (I don't believe in long distance)

It's been like a year or so and she keeps going and talking to him! He admitted that he was with other girls! He admitted that he didn't want to meet her but then he said it's because he wanted to be sure he loved her but it was too late and she left him.

She then stopped talking to him again for few months and he didn't pop up ether

How can I get her to move on from this bazar relationship with someone she hasn't even met! I mean I don't understand how she can still feel connected to someone she hardly knows!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care if your friend talks to him? it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

You sound like you need to get your own life............

ReputationRep:
    Be harsh to show her the comments? What do you want us to say?

"Oh get the **** over him and move the **** on" ?

To be totally honest, If you want to be a good friend to her and try to persuade her to move on, you should be talking to her, telling her that there are plenty more fish in the sea and some guy across the lands not loving her isn't going to ruin her life. Not asking people on some student forum to send harsh comments so that you can show her (which will only make her more upset) :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reeeeyah)
    Why do you care if your friend talks to him? it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

You sound like you need to get your own life............
    I left her alone with this for about 4 years. She wants me to stop but she always thinks he 'loves' her.

If you saw someone crying for 4 years over the same thing and it is getting to the point You feel like she's mentally getting effected you would would get involved too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How old is your friend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.