Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do u think my GP will allow me to have a free rhinoplasty on the NHS? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my name is Maria. I am sixteen and have a hideous bump on my nose. I was not born with it. I was born with a normal straight nose. It happened when I was about 7. I was swimming and banged my face on the bottom of the swimming pool. I haven't considered doing anything until now because my face was still developing and I wanted it to fully develop before I took any action.
    As a child I have always had trouble breathing and when I was about 9 years old my GP asked my parents if I would be willing to get my nostrils drilled so that my nasal passages were bigger so I would be able to breath better. They declined the offer as i was still growing and they didn't want to take such an important decision that They might regret and cause me future problems. I now, still, breath through my mouth and find it difficult to breath through my nose.
    I really want to get my nose fixed so that it is like it once was. It does affect my confidence at times and friends and family do mention it to me but they always brush it off and tell me I can get it fixed when I'm older. Their comments however still hurt my feelings seeing as my nose is in the centre of my face for the world to see.
    I would like to know what you all think and if it would be a good idea to go and see my GP or will I just be wasting his and my time.

ReputationRep:
    As it is affecting your health, I'd go and see your GP.

ReputationRep:
    GP's get paid silly bucks for what normally amounts to a prescription of ibuprofen. Go and see 'em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A5ko)
    GP's get paid silly bucks for what normally amounts to a prescription of ibuprofen. Go and see 'em.
    Yep, it's the GPs fault that you're not ill.

ReputationRep:
    Moved to health seeing as this thread is asking a question about health :h:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2014
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.