Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!
    I really require your help regarding this issue as it is really confusing. I currently live in India and graduated from high school a month back. I aspire to become an entrepreneur in the field of computer software. Technology has always interested me. I developed two games for the iOS when I was 14. Right now, I am working on a web development project for my startup company. I wish to pursue my higher education overseas as I believe in exploring the various opportunities available abroad. However, I am stuck in a dilemma.

I got acceptance from three universities: Sheffield, Kent and Strathclyde for Accounting and Finance. Which university according to you would fit my entrepreneurial mind and provide me with the best knowledge and oppurtunities possible? Besides considering these crucial factors, I also want to attend a university that has welcoming students. I do not want to affect my social life. I want that the university should have loads of activities such as clubs, restaurants, adventure sports and other places for an eighteen year old boy to discover.

Your help would be really appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't think you'll be disappointed with Sheffield. It's largely difficult to say which is the most suitable though.

Sheffield is very close to the peak district, which might be of interest. Lots of walking there if you're into the outdoors. There's lots of adventure and sport societies, and Sheffield itself isn't far from skiing facilities etc. The university sports centre has an indoor climbing wall as well. Here is a list of the societies that are running at the university currently, and there's a sports listing here so see if anything takes your fancy.

The city and students are very welcoming. I picked it because it had one of the most 'homely' feelings to me, I could really see myself there. Everyone I met was really nice, friendly and helpful.

I always get e-mails about entrepreneurial events and competitions happening. I don't pay too much attention myself, but if you're really up for starting your own business and developing your opportunities there looks to be some things to be involved in at Sheffield.

Edit: This looks like it might suit you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.