Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6 years later still on probation? Watch

ReputationRep:
    long story short I came out of prison 6 years ago after serving 9 months of a 18 month sentence and I have had to see a probation officer ever since. Now I've asked her 100x that I want to see official documents that say I have to attend these meetings which she has fobbed me off with answers like "I'm paid to see you so clearly the probation service know you are still on their system" I honestly think theres been a mixup and I don't know who to complain to, she says if I fail to miss a meeting I could go back to prison which is ****ing ridiculous as its been six ****ing years! I think theres some kind of conspiracy going on similar to Lincon Burrows and Michael Scofeild situation. help me!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    See a solicitor. That is definitely wrong.

Oh. You are entitled to compo as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old_Simon)
    See a solicitor. That is definitely wrong.

Oh. You are entitled to compo as well.
    honestly I dont even want any compo I just want to not have to go to these pointless meetings as Im losing a day of work and I'm trying to get money together. My mum told me to see citizens advice bruer but when I emailed them they said they dont deal with that sort of thing. I would have rather just done the other 9 months.. if I could I would volunteer to finish my 9 months to avoid these meetings but I don't want to go to an adult prison nor do I have 9 months to waste.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If your story is accurate there is absolutely no way in the world that you should be anywhere near probation at this stage. Your sentence was 18 months. Probation can not run beyond that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.