Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do any girls think ched evans is innocent. Watch

ReputationRep:
    This one is strictly for the ladies.

For those of you who dont know ched evans was a championship footballer who played for sheffield united who in april 2012 was convicted of the rape of a young woman and jailed for five years .He will be out in october

Heres the scenario.
    Ched evans friend and fellow footballer meets a girl at a bar.
    Girl has a lot to drink,completely bladdered,(cctv showed she actually stumbled into clayton) and goes to a hotel with clayton.
    While on the way to the hotel clayton texts evans "he has got a bird".
    So while at the hotel clayton begins to have sex with said girl then ched turns up and asks if he can join in.
    Girl says yes.Ched gets involved and is now a convicted rapist.
    The thing that raises some eyebrows is the fact that clayton was found not guilty and ched
    was found guilty.

So ladies based on what ive just written do you think he s guilty or not
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps the two said men initially agreed to break the fall together but at the court ched said he was guilty then Clayton said he was not so he wasn't convicted.

Not sure if it counts as rape as she wasn't of a clear conscious :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the details of the whole night cant be summarised into one badly written paragraph.
    Regardless of whether we think he is guilty or not...he was clearly found guilty by a judge and/or jury, and therefore was sentenced.

I'm unsure as to why TSR is literally FILLED with this kind of rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    Based on what I have read online, if the woman was too drunk to consent, then I don't see how they both aren't rapists.

Also, she states how much she had to drink and said that she felt "tipsy, but under control", yet the case for prosecution was basically "she was too drunk to consent". CCTV footage shows her stumbling into the two men before they even met, so her assertion that she was "in control" and had her drink spiked is probably bull****.

Still, just one of the cases we'll never know for sure unless she either admits she is lying or they both admit they did it.

Edit: Your OP is incredibly biased, not sure why I bothered responding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Based on what I have read online, if the woman was too drunk to consent, then I don't see how they both aren't rapists.

Also, she states how much she had to drink and said that she felt "tipsy, but under control", yet the case for prosecution was basically "she was too drunk to consent". CCTV footage shows her stumbling into the two men before they even met, so her assertion that she was "in control" and had her drink spiked is probably bull****.

Still, just one of the cases we'll never know for sure unless she either admits she is lying or they both admit they did it.

I can see how they both aren't rapists! Imagine the scenario - you're having sex with a guy, all good, then his mate comes in and starts ****ing you??? You'd be like wtf?!?!

Basically I think the court thought shed agreed to go back with clayton then ched shoved it in her with no consent or discussion involved.

Anyway so in my opinion, he's definiteley guilty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    I can see how they both aren't rapists! Imagine the scenario - you're having sex with a guy, all good, then his mate comes in and starts ****ing you??? You'd be like wtf?!?!

Basically I think the court thought shed agreed to go back with clayton then ched shoved it in her with no consent or discussion involved.

Anyway so in my opinion, he's definiteley guilty.
    But if she's too drunk to consent in the first place then why isn't she too drunk to consent to the first guy?

ReputationRep:
    But if she's too drunk to consent in the first place then why isn't she too drunk to consent to the first guy?
    I suppose the argument would be she actively went back with him whereas ched turned up unannounced. I can see how they came to the decision but I'm not sure I 100% agree with the innocence of Clayton.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose the argument would be she actively went back with him whereas ched turned up unannounced. I can see how they came to the decision but I'm not sure I 100% agree with the innocence of Clayton.
    Don't get me wrong, I agree that the whole situation is completely suspect, and any decent man wouldn't have gone there. I was just questioning the basis of the conviction and whether or not she had her drink spiked like she claimed or was bladdered (not that either really makes a difference to the outcome, but why lie?)

ReputationRep:
    there needs to be some kind of system whereby ladies give official consent for their activities with gentlemen. some kind of app could easily be designed saying

I ##### #######
    consent to allow Mr ###### ########
    free and unfettered access to my #####, ####, and ###
    for the purposes of mutual pleasure and satisfaction.
    this consent expires in ## hours

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me wrong, I agree that the whole situation is completely suspect, and any decent man wouldn't have gone there. I was just questioning the basis of the conviction and whether or not she had her drink spiked like she claimed or was bladdered (not that either really makes a difference to the outcome, but why lie?)
    Personally, I doubt she had her drink spiked. At the same time, she was raped. To turn up and have sex with a bladdered girl without fully checking she's OK with the situation is so wrong -_-

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I doubt she had her drink spiked. At the same time, she was raped. To turn up and have sex with a bladdered girl without fully checking she's OK with the situation is so wrong -_-
    I think bladdered is stretching it. She bends over in high heels, picks a pizza box up off the floor and carries it one handed. If I was bladdered, I think I would struggle to do that and not at least wobble or struggle to keep my balance, but she didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I think bladdered is stretching it. She bends over in high heels, picks a pizza box up off the floor and carries it one handed. If I was bladdered, I think I would struggle to do that and not at least wobble or struggle to keep my balance, but she didn't.
    Some of us appear pretty sober until the point we pass out. Different people react to drink differently. I always seem in control even when I'm starting to lose my vision.

ReputationRep:
    It's such a difficult area, very subjective. If a girl is so drunk that she consents in a situation that she wouldn't when sober, I don't think it's right that a man (who may have just met her and not know her usual behaviour) is found to be a rapist, when as far as he can tell it is consensual.

This is my issue - frequently it seems to be that girls have implied consent while drunk, only to sober up and realise that their normal, sober self would not have consented. That is not the same as dragging someone away, pinning them down and raping them.

ReputationRep:
    Some of us appear pretty sober until the point we pass out. Different people react to drink differently. I always seem in control even when I'm starting to lose my vision.
    I've been told I'm the same, can usually hold a conversation pretty well. If I was actually ****faced and not just tipsy there's no chance I'd be able to do that and not look visibly drunk, I think the same rings true for most people. I agree with different people reacting differently in the sense that one person can be aggressive while another emotional when pissed,, but it certainly does impair balance & coordination.

ReputationRep:

In what way am i biased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I've been told I'm the same, can usually hold a conversation pretty well. If I was actually ****faced and not just tipsy there's no chance I'd be able to do that and not look visibly drunk, I think the same rings true for most people. I agree with different people reacting differently in the sense that one person can be aggressive while another emotional when pissed,, but it certainly does impair balance & coordination.
    As a girl who has been on many nights out the very fact she bends like that in heels indicates extreme drunkenness. Anyone even vagueley sober knows to bend at the knee to avoid embarrassment...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.