Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there, here's my situation, i want to go to Birmingham Uni to a course which requires BBB, i did really badly in my As levels, getting DDDEE. For my second year i really knuckled down and now i'm feeling a lot more confident about my three remaining A2 levels, the problem is i don't want to go to university next year, I have a really good weekend job as a swimming teacher assistant, i've booked a course to get qualified as a swimming teacher and next year i'm looking to work as close to 7 days/ week as possible which will earn me a very comfortable financial cushion for if i splash out at uni. So if results day comes and and i have BBB or above, how do i go about securing my place for next year?

    I don't think you can.
    Clearing is designed to fill vacant places on courses that start this academic year.
    I think You will need to apply as normal in the next cycle but you could ask the ucas coordinator at your school.

    Posted from TSR Mobile
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni


    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:



    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.