Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this is the right message board but here goes:

I want to try and start building my own stock portfolio but I don't really have the free cash to do it for real so I wanted to know whats a good site where I can simulate trading in actual equities (looking at European/UK and American ones primarily) with actual market data being used (i.e its like everything is real but its not with actual money).

I don't mind paying a small fee for access to a good site. Looking more at value investing/long term, not day trading or looking in detail at technical analysis. Just something that is simple to use.

As I wish to become an equity analyst one day (well one of a couple of possible career paths), and I know demonstrating your own stock portfolio is a good thing to have.

ReputationRep:
    Just do it in google spreadsheets, you can connect into google finance feed, you can get the information you want, and you will actually learn something. I had been using spreadsheets for years and I recently switched to google finance portfolio as my portfolio was becoming more complicated...long story short, pretty much every general tool like google finance is woefully inadequate and doesn't really give you great intuition into what you hold. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    plus500 is the one i use

ReputationRep:
    I think you must search it in internet, put your search in Google from there you will get the best sites to stimulate trading in actual equities, Whereas in my knowledge there are some sites from where you will get the best idea or information about equities these sites are like investopedia, optionhouse, techsecs, marketwatch etc.

ReputationRep:
    bullbearings.co.uk

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.