Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Me and my girlfriend are on a break and I'm not coping Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'll try to keep this as short as possible.

For the past 6 months me and my girlfriend of over 2 years (LDR) have been constantly arguing about petty things. The thing is, is that it is usually me who starts these arguments because I have become frustrated by the lack of communication between us when we are physically apart.

Around a month ago we nearly broke up because of this constant stream of arguing, but we decided to give it one more go. Fast-forward to last week and we had another argument, culminating in her saying that we needed to talk things over. 3 days ago she came to see me and things were going great, we were talking fine and there was no arguing. But then it came to the inevitable chat about us, and after a few hours of talking things over she decided, albeit reluctantly, to end it. I begged her not to leave but eventually she did.

After this happened she text me saying "I'm so sorry xxx", which led to us texting one another for the next 2 days as if nothing had happened. We both said how we love one another and want to be together, but she said we just cant make it work because of the distance (as we have just both graduated) and arguing , although she reckoned she could be making a mistake.

That last comment really confused me, so yesterday we had a talk on the phone and i begged her once more to try and make our relationship work. We eventually settled (more her than me) on no contact for one week so she could have more time to think things through. According to her, we're not together anymore and she is having time apart from me to decide if she really wants to stay apart or get back together.

What makes this worse is that I have an interview for a graduate job on wednesday, and at the moment I just can't focus on preparing for it. She is my first love and I'm missing her so much, I keep crying all the time and I feel so pathetic. All I am doing now is just sitting looking at old pictures of us on facebook, praying that on the weekend she will want to be back together, although I feel that this is unlikely.

Can someone please help me/give me advice on how I can get through this?

TLDR - me and girlfriend of 2 years (LDR) now on a break for a week, I'm not coping well and I need advice on how to get through this so I can focus on preparing for my graduate job interview on wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    you need to block this out and just get down to what needs to be done - interview prep.

It's not going to be easy,and unfortunately, only you have the power to let yourself be emotional, or let yourself cope mentally and get on with it.

I would also recommend not contacting her until after your interview, because just in case you have another argument or something, you will have that to your list of things to sort out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.