Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, well I seen a lot of people interested in teaching abroad and since I've been doing it for over a year now in China I am in somewhat of a position to give some advice. I have been stung once before by a so called 'agent' that ended with me in a terrible position so I feel it is my duty to try to warn and steer others away from the less than desirable places. It's fairly easy for me to figure out which are the fakes and which will leave you stranded.

So if this is something you are looking into, or maybe already have been offered a job and are nervous about it (not just the job, also culture) then feel free to comment below. I can give specific information relating to China but also some pointers for those who have their heart set on a different part of the world (this will just be basic things to watch out for). I feel its hard to find the information online sometimes so thought id give my best shot at helping people out should they need it.

So yea, if you are interested in the job or the culture or anything China related from a British point of view give it your best shot.

ReputationRep:
    how's the air

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh)
    how's the air
    I get this a lot. In my own personal experience having lived in first a very small city in China and now a 2nd tier city which in turn is also part of one of the largest and fastest growing mega city sprawls in the world 3 cities (the largest of which is already the 2nd largest mega city in the world) joining together. The air is not great I wont lie about it, its not the crisp clean air of Ireland but its not so bad as everyone would have you believe at least in my region. Beijing I have seen first hand photos and accounts from people living there and it is ridiculous apparently.

So to sum up. Yes overall not great but not terrible and largely depends on which area you are in.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.