Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Graduate entry into medicine - do they consider second year grades? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am currently a second year student at KCL doing biomedical sciences. I got a 62% for my first year but second year everything went wrong and I got 58% (Weighting for the 3 years is 11:33:56) All I have ever wanted to do is study medicine but I am just upset with my grades. Does anyone know if my second year results affect my application? Also how and who predicts your final degree grade, and what is it based on? Thank you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentshab)
    Hi, i am currently a second year student at KCL doing biomedical sciences. I got a 62% for my first year but second year everything went wrong and I got 58% (Weighting for the 3 years is 11:33:56) All I have ever wanted to do is study medicine but I am just upset with my grades. Does anyone know if my second year results affect my application? Also how and who predicts your final degree grade, and what is it based on? Thank you.
    As far as I know they don't look at individual year grades, but your overall prediction. I was under the impression that the prediction is done by some kind of tutor etc.? What this is based on probably varies a lot between universities and between courses, but I imagine grades in the first two years probably factor quite heavily into it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.