Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So after looking online and not getting my application accepted for about 8 weeks I figured something was wrong and wrung up. The lady on the phone was quite rude and laughed. She said that my 'criminology and psychology course doesn't exist' and I need to ring up the university to tell them it does. I have given student finance my course code meaning it clearly exists and I'm quite stuck on what to do. I also need to send proof of my mothers marital status (was never mentioned online) she is separated and no longer living with her husband. Do I send a council tax bill showing she is the sole provider and single parent along with her marriage cirtificate. I'm quite confused.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. We recommend you call us on 0300 100 0607 again so we can ensure your course details are validated.

In the meantime, please ask your mother to provide us with proof of her marital status.

Examples of acceptable evidence are:

*Decree Nisi

*Council tax bill showing 25% single occupancy discount

*Letter from a solicitor confirming marital status / separation

*A Signed Affidavit - a sworn declaration you make in writing describing facts that you wish to state as true. You typically make an affidavit under oath and sign it and have it stamped by a Solicitor.

*Statutory declaration

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.