Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Final chance at my RAF aptitude Thursday morning Watch

ReputationRep:
    Did quite well last time just missed my pass mark for supply by 2 marks and the verbal and spatial reasoning were the ones that let me down. Think the pressure got to me last time so planning on not hyping myself up for it as much this week and just doing it with a calm clear head.

Will revise spatial reason and hopefully do as well in the other sections as last time. I want to pass so badly after last months disappointment just need to channel that focus in the right way. Done all the practice tests online that I could see last month so any tips for Thursday would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Good luck today!
    2 marks is nothing, you will do better after training.
    Let us know how it went.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers! It's tomorrow morning and yeah I know what to expect and what I need to do and the timescales this time so am going into it more relaxed which will hopefully pay off

ReputationRep:
    Passed! Just out of the presentation now and interview in few weeks. So glad I made up for last months fail so relieved and chuffed! Look forward to talking about the rest of the process later on

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Carl!

I'm managed to get a waiver sent off for the role of logistics supplier, I believe this role would suit me better and be more diverse to a mover.

I scored 53 in that mark bracket and 55 was needed. The recruiter said there is a good chance as cranwell approved the waiver been sent am just waiting for them to make a decision. (AST2 btw)

I've been told this could take up to one week, on the positive side apparently suppliers are in demand at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks just messaged you be good to talk about the process seen as we are applying for the same thing. Actually shocked myself how highly I scored seen as I only passed for chef first time I passed for everything this time! Chuffed! Just need to prerapre for my interview and hammer the fitness now.

The corporal doing the presentation told me it is currently about 8 months from passing AST to basic training

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carl25)
    Thanks just messaged you be good to talk about the process seen as we are applying for the same thing. Actually shocked myself how highly I scored seen as I only passed for chef first time I passed for everything this time! Chuffed! Just need to prerapre for my interview and hammer the fitness now.

The corporal doing the presentation told me it is currently about 8 months from passing AST to basic training
    Won't be that long if you're going for Supplier. They are absolutely screaming out for suppliers at the moment, as there are severely undermanned.

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear then, she said 8 months but that was aimed in general at all of us in the presentation not just specific to me. Still over the moon with my results! Shame im colour blind or I would have plenty of options.

Torn between supply and mover at the moment. How long till I hear about my interview date and is it usually by post?

ReputationRep:
    I believe if you want to travel then go for Mover if not as much supplier would be a better option - Plus I think the qualifications look better.

ReputationRep:
    Good to hear then, she said 8 months but that was aimed in general at all of us in the presentation not just specific to me. Still over the moon with my results! Shame im colour blind or I would have plenty of options.

Torn between supply and mover at the moment. How long till I hear about my interview date and is it usually by post?
    Depends what you preferences are really. There are lots of things to consider such as travel, qualifications etc.

Shouldn't be too long until you hear about the interview but it's different for everyone. You'll probably get an email, or maybe a call, but probably not anything by post.

ReputationRep:
    @Ryan9900 you any idea why my Corporal would need to get permission from Cranwell to send a waiver in for me as supplier?

Never been so anxious waiting for anything...

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in thinking Mover sounds more hands on and more travel opportunities? My colour blindness would stop me working on fuels in supply anyhow I guess.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    You might have trouble being employed in an airfield role depending on your type and level of colourblindness. That is down to the manning desks at the time and can change based on their requirements.

Hands on is subjective. There are practical and office-based roles in either Trade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deepz24)
    @Ryan9900 you any idea why my Corporal would need to get permission from Cranwell to send a waiver in for me as supplier?

Just routine I guess! I haven't a clue to be honest, but these things take time.

ReputationRep:
    Try this test Carl -

I seem to struggle on the one's from 8 - 13 and the wiggle lines 20-21 Apart from that I can get all the others.

Didn't know I wasn't partly colourblind - do this on a hd screen sitting 75 cm away. I did it on my mobile phone.

ReputationRep:
    I know I can't do the Ishihara and that I am either cp3 or 4 I don't mind as long as it won't affect my application. I mentioned it at the presentation and she said it is fine for my job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deepz24)

AFCO can't decide things like that on their own, they have to send your result to your trade sponsor and then it will be decided depending on how far were you off, how many ppl in the same situation and how good were your other results, including GCSEs. About 80% get a pass.

ReputationRep:
    Passed my aptitude 8 days ago and still heard nothing about my interview date, is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    Passed my aptitude 8 days ago and still heard nothing about my interview date, is this normal?
    What time-frame did they give you?
    Worth giving AFCO a call.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't say to be honest, was expecting to hear something this week though. Yeah will call them Monday if haven't heard by then

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.