Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got my results 3 weeks ago and found out that I failed 5 out of 10/11 modules for the whole year (2013/2014). I was seriously devastated and depressed and wanted to quit. My parents managed to encourage me and convince me to give the resits a try. I studied a bit for the past 2 weeks but lately I've been feeling extremely depressed, sad and angry again. I put in the effort and it is just so frustrating.
    I really feel like quitting, do you think it's the right thing to do?
    I feel my passion for medicine slowly disappearing. I can't bring myself to study for 5 modules over the summer...
    I don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    If you are feeling depressed, sad and angry as you say, I really recommend talking to someone. Perhaps get in touch with a pastoral tutor to talk about how you are feeling or at least someone you know and trust.

As for your exams, was anything worrying you at the time of the exams or beforehand? It is only your first year, it can be difficult to get into the swing of things at first.

Have you only been thinking of quitting since you got your exam results? Do you otherwise enjoy your course? If you have been enjoying yourself and this is a bit of an unexpected disappointment, I think it is really worth pressing on with the revision in preparation for resits. If you are as hard working as you say I am sure you are capable of passing. You just need to look at where you have gone wrong and focus. Also focus on the positive aspects, you passed the other modules. Think why. Did you approach them differently? Did you use a particular study technique which may not have been extended to all your modules?

Message me if you need any help with anything.

ReputationRep:
    I advise you to take some time off at least a week to just relax enjoy summer time.i know its difficult to do it but there is no point starting revising if you are frustrated. Try to find someone who also needs to sit the exam and prepare together.its easier to motivate yourself to study when you have a study partner. Even if you spend 50% chatting about nonsense still the rest of the time will be useful.

Otherwise try to plan how will you spend your time on studying .which modules need to be studied 1st.start from the modules which were the most difficult.that would give you more time to prepare by tgd end of the summer

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up! You can get through it, I have many friends who are coming towards the end of medical school or have already qualified and they have told me there is a BIG difference between the pre-clinical (years 1-2) and clinical years (years 3-5) and the general consensus is the pre-clinical years can be extremely difficult and taxing but once you move on to the clinical stage it does get better

You have another chance to pass the year, don't let that opportunity slip through your fingers, you worked so hard to earn a place in medical school and there are many others out there who would give their right arm to be in your position, you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    You can do it!!

ReputationRep:
    never give up, if you get kicked off the courses you'll always have that regret you never gave it your all for resits ( i know its hard to find the motivation, but just try ur best)

ReputationRep:
    In 10 years time will you look back and regret that you could have been a doctor? Work hard for your resits, that at least gives you the option of whether to return or leave, instead of giving yourself no option at all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.