Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    So basically I got an offer to study history and economics at the university of Leeds. My results came in a few days ago and I haven't been able to reach the conditions of my offer.
    However, I would be interested in studying economics and politics for which I do meet the conditions of the standard offer.
    So will the university give me a place even though I don't meet the requirements of my current offer to give me a place in an other course?
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grosseban)
    Hey,
    So basically I got an offer to study history and economics at the university of Leeds. My results came in a few days ago and I haven't been able to reach the conditions of my offer.
    However, I would be interested in studying economics and politics for which I do meet the conditions of the standard offer.
    So will the university give me a place even though I don't meet the requirements of my current offer to give me a place in an other course?
    thanks!
    contact the department of the eco and politics -via email or phone and ask them. They may give u the place if others who didnt mean the offer for that course were rejected or they may tell u to wait until A-level results and decide after that.

shouldnt be a problem, many people do this.

good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derma2019)
    contact the department of the eco and politics -via email or phone and ask them. They may give u the place if others who didnt mean the offer for that course were rejected or they may tell u to wait until A-level results and decide after that.

shouldnt be a problem, many people do this.

good luck
    I'm an international student so I already have my results..
    So it might take a while before they respond to my request?

ReputationRep:
    I'm an international student so I already have my results..
    So it might take a while before they respond to my request?
    just ring them up and ask first. it wont happen automatically.
    good luck!
    i meant they might have to wait until the others get their results, but phoning is your best option atm.

ReputationRep:
    just ring them up and ask first. it wont happen automatically.
    good luck!
    i meant they might have to wait until the others get their results, but phoning is your best option atm.
    Thanks!
    Do you know what are the odds they'll accept my request and actually change my offer?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    Do you know what are the odds they'll accept my request and actually change my offer?
    i cannot say, honestly there is no harm in ringing because its highly likely if u do it soon, any other internationals who didnt meet offer for the course u want to do now, will have places available so u dont want them go to by others ringing around. Its 430 now in uk so you could ring if not, do it tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    i cannot say, honestly there is no harm in ringing because its highly likely if u do it soon, any other internationals who didnt meet offer for the course u want to do now, will have places available so u dont want them go to by others ringing around. Its 430 now in uk so you could ring if not, do it tomorrow.
    Ok I've sent them an email, I'll ring them if they don't answer it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.