Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cheap centres Private Candidate GCSE + A Level Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    Hello.

The title

Erm also, it would help if anyone knew of cheap centres to enter in which were in the area of Essex/Coventry.

Thank you.
    Best advice is call local colleges and schools and ask if they would let you. This is usually much cheaper than going to places that only do external exams, as they're really expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Hello.

The title

Erm also, it would help if anyone knew of cheap centres to enter in which were in the area of Essex/Coventry.

Thank you.
    If you go on the website(s) for the exam boards you're using and look for information for private candidates, you should find a list of all the local centres and schools that will accept you in your area .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Best advice is call local colleges and schools and ask if they would let you. This is usually much cheaper than going to places that only do external exams, as they're really expensive.
    (Original post by Kåte)
    If you go on the website(s) for the exam boards you're using and look for information for private candidates, you should find a list of all the local centres and schools that will accept you in your area .

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both, do you guys know whether it would be better to enter for igcses instead of gcses to avoid coursework fees.
    Most centres only do GCSE, but some do iGCSE. I suggest asking the centre for their costs, and then do whichever is cheaper because which ever you do doesn't make a difference.

It's best to ask, because sometimes the iGCSE coursework replacement exams are just as expensive to be entered for than regular GCSE coursework fees.

ReputationRep:
    Most centres only do GCSE, but some do iGCSE. I suggest asking the centre for their costs, and then do whichever is cheaper because which ever you do doesn't make a difference.

It's best to ask, because sometimes the iGCSE coursework replacement exams are just as expensive to be entered for than regular GCSE coursework fees.
    ty yep I will do, final question are all gcse exams in summer now - is there nothing I can take in January thanks

ReputationRep:
    ty yep I will do, final question are all gcse exams in summer now - is there nothing I can take in January thanks
    Yes, all GCSE exams are in Summer now excluding Maths and English Language GCSE which can both be done in November too

This only applies for GCSEs though, all iGCSEs can still be done in January and June (Summer)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, all GCSE exams are in Summer now excluding Maths and English Language GCSE which can both be done in November too

This only applies for GCSEs though, all iGCSEs can still be done in January and June (Summer)
    I apologise for asking you so many questions.

So by entering privately I can control when to enter for exams. I have A stars in maths and english lang, erm can I inbox you instead please.

ReputationRep:
    I apologise for asking you so many questions.

So by entering privately I can control when to enter for exams. I have A stars in maths and english lang, erm can I inbox you instead please.
    It's fine, and feel free to PM me if you like for more help.

Usually yes centres will allow you to choose when you'd like to be entered for exams, but there is a time limitation that you must request to be entered (the centre will tell you this) for example if you asked to be entered for June exams in May there will be a huge late fee.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.