The Student Room Group

I have never 'approached' a woman... could this be why I am single?

Hello everyone,

Im a 24 year old man and Ive never had a girlfriend, this gets me down.

Sometimes boys talk about 'approaching' women.

I have never 'approached' a woman in my life.

Could this be why I have never had a girlfriend?

Scroll to see replies

could be but 'tis not the only reason as to why this may be
How many female friends do you have?

How is your social life?

What do you do?
Reply 3
yeah probably, same here by the way. I approached a woman today and we got talking, sadly she was married.
Reply 4
Original post by Neckbeard Fedora
How many female friends do you have?

How is your social life?

What do you do?

* none

* awful

* not a lot
Original post by bloomblaze
Hello everyone,

No, I've never "approached" a woman either, but I've had more girlfriends than hot dinners.

If you have to approach strangers to get female attention, you're doing something badly wrong.
Reply 6
Original post by Stinkum
yeah probably, same here by the way. I approached a woman today and we got talking, sadly she was married.

where/how did you approach her?

ie what does ''approaching a woman'' mean?
Reply 7
It could be part of the reason. But you don't have to approach women to have a relationship. A lot of good relationships start from friendships or atleast mutual friendships e.g meeting someone at a party. If you don't go out loads, and don't have a lot of friends and don't necessarily do anything then its hard for you to meet anyone.
* none

* awful

* not a lot

Ah, that doesn't sound too good mate :s-smilie: You should probably fix your life before you think about getting a partner. I'd say the same to a girl in your situation.

Are you a student? Do you have a job?

How come your social life is bad too?
Reply 9
where/how did you approach her?

ie what does ''approaching a woman'' mean?

It's something I rarely do, I've never had any success with it. But anyway, there was this woman hanging around outside my flat, I just smiled and said hi to get her attention and we got into a conversation. But then...her husband came along! Completely cockblocked me.

I think it just means initiating a conversation with them, i.e. you have to be the one to start talking basically, that's what they expect.
Original post by cole-slaw

If you have to approach strangers to get female attention, you're doing something badly wrong.

Really ? So girlfriends just drop out the sky then ? I get that obviously its possible to meet people through work , education , social circle etc and this is where most people find theirs but that doesn't explain the millions of people having to resort to internet dating does it .
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Really ? So girlfriends just drop out the sky then ? I get that obviously its possible to meet people through work , education , social circle etc and this is where most people find theirs but that doesn't explain the millions of people having to resort to internet dating does it .

The internet is a self-perpetuating social malaise. The more young people grow up using it as their main medium of interaction, the less they develop basic social skills such as being able to go to the pub and talk to people without looking like a weirdo, and the more they're forced to resort to things like online-dating.

Think about it: if online dating was effective, we'd see far less lonely and perpetually single people; but we don't: only the other day the media was reporting that the ability to find a relationship is decreasing in record numbers.

Both loneliness and people being forced to resort to online dating are symptoms of the same cause: the current generation of teenagers are the most socially retarded group of people in the history of mankind.

If the dumb questions asked on TSR aren't evidence enough, you only had to watch that "secret lives of students" programme to see what I mean.
anyone else?
* none

* awful

* not a lot

I think we lead the same lives.
What an annoying question. what do you think?
"I have never 'approached' a woman in my life."
"why I have never had a girlfriend?"....m8 have a guess.

Original post by cole-slaw
No, I've never "approached" a woman either, but I've had more girlfriends than hot dinners.

Oh the ladies just come up to you 100% of the time do they? :confused:
Hello everyone,

You shouldn't let the fact that you havent had a girlfriend get you down. Think more positivly and just act friendly with some self confidence and girls will approach you. Just be yourself around people and you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by KickDancing
What an annoying question. what do you think?
"I have never 'approached' a woman in my life."
"why I have never had a girlfriend?"....m8 have a guess.

I dont understand, please elaborate
I dont understand, please elaborate

well for instance you said you have never approached a women. SOOO how do you expect to get a girlfriend if you've never even went to look for women you like? they wont fall out the sky into your bedroom and start asking you to be their boyfriend. you gotta go outside and talk to women first...
Original post by KickDancing
well for instance you said you have never approached a women. SOOO how do you expect to get a girlfriend if you've never even went to look for women you like? they wont fall out the sky into your bedroom and start asking you to be their boyfriend. you gotta go outside and talk to women first...

where would you approach women, and how would you do it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending