Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I do not want to do English literature as it may affect y other grades and i am considering not going to the actual exam so i don't get a grade. Your thoughts and advice

ReputationRep:
    Just do the exam as you don't really have to do much revision so it won't really affect your other subjects. English lit grades are often somewhat random so you might surprise yourself! If you really don't want to do it I would speak to your school about not entering you so you don't have the grade on your certificates. Hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i have done past papers and as a /a* student i have been surprised in a very bad way and i have very high expectations of myself and i feel as if English lit will spoil my results. I talked to my teacher and he said it is part of the school policy and that will have to take it but i shouldn't be forced to do something i don't want to

ReputationRep:
    Which particular parts do you find difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I understand the ideas but when i am expected to write them it just disappears - usually in english i get a*'s and a's (controlled assessments) but in one controlled assessment for English lit which is 25% i did sooooooo bad and got a d which is going to be very hard for me to raise to an a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmahadsaid)
    I do not want to do English literature as it may affect y other grades and i am considering not going to the actual exam so i don't get a grade. Your thoughts and advice
    You can blag Lit and get an A

ReputationRep:
    To OP.
    Before my English Language exam in November, I did maybe 10 minutes of revision. Walked out with 'A'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmahadsaid)
    I understand the ideas but when i am expected to write them it just disappears - usually in english i get a*'s and a's (controlled assessments) but in one controlled assessment for English lit which is 25% i did sooooooo bad and got a d which is going to be very hard for me to raise to an a
    I think you can redo controlled assessments and I know people who got a d and then re sat and got full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student261)
    I think you can redo controlled assessments and I know people who got a d and then re sat and got full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    MY teacher said that will not have a chance to redo it as it took alot of tie to plan

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.