Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just messaged my ex, please keep me calm Watch

ReputationRep:
    And now I'm terrified I won't get a reply. My life has been a mess since we broke up. Unless things go back to the way they were I won't be happy. Please keep me sane whilst I wait for a reply.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear what you're going through :hugs: But you shouldn't feel like you have to be with any particular person in order to be happy, IMO. I know the media keeps pushing the idea of "The One," but if you guys don't get back together I'm sure you'll meet plenty more guys just as suitable as, if not better than, your ex.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamintorture)
    And now I'm terrified I won't get a reply. My life has been a mess since we broke up. Unless things go back to the way they were I won't be happy. Please keep me sane whilst I wait for a reply.

It feels like that at times but you need to be making yourself happy from within, not relying on someone else. I know it's incredibly hard but just focus on what you want to do for yourself and don't focus on this for now. :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    It feels like that at times but you need to be making yourself happy from within, not relying on someone else. I know it's incredibly hard but just focus on what you want to do for yourself and don't focus on this for now. :jumphug:
    I have tried to do that and it didn't work. I've travelled all over this summer I've met new people and passed my exams. Yet the only thing I can think of is that I want things to go back to how they used to be

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same as you OP! I really miss my ex too. But I guess we need to learn to happy own our own, and not rely on someone else to make our lives meaningful! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    It's so painful

ReputationRep:
    Just move on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntisthenesDogger)
    Just move on?
    Im trying but I can't do it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.