The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i was joking...?

never mind.
hello i noticed someone asked the question whether there is a name for Queens' students similar to "Triniterians" or "Pembrokers." Has anyone found out anything yet. And there dosnt seem to be many Queens' students on here compared to the other colleges.
drsmeeth
i was joking...?

never mind.

so was i...?
Reply 23
ok....?

no we can just be 'queens' which is unfortunate i suppose if youre a straight male. but i find it suits me fine :tongue:
Reply 24
I'd better have my freshers pack in the post today or tomorrow :mad:

The two other people I know going to different colleges are suited and booted with theirs. One going to St. Catz already knows when the Queens' bop etc is going to be and is clammering to go, asking me about it etc. St. Catz freshers letters were out the day after results, this is taking ages...
Just thought I'd say hi :smile:. I'm current Queens' student and often read lots of threads even if don't post much so if you have any questions feel free to ask!
Well done on getting into undoubtedly the best college in Cambridge and about freshers packs - I hate to tell you but last year I had to wait several weeks after results for mine. Looking forward to meeting you in person xxxx
I have a feeling that i read somewhere that the freshers pack will come at the end of the month. Dosnt seem long but its gonna feel like ages :frown:
Reply 27
rpotter
He he, nah charlie's a nice guy really

I leave the thread for one minute and that pesky rpotter is already bad mouthing me. But as he seems to have made up for it so i guess we can move on. Just to confirm: I am male... (that wouldn't have been a good start)

EDIT: admittedly that quotation isn't exactly an insult; i was referring to the previous post.
Reply 28
oh well. best of friends :smile:
Another day, still no freshers pack. oh wait its a bank holiday. hmmm is there post?
Reply 30
yeh i woke up to get the mail this morning coz im expecting a few things and nothing was there. damn bank holidays
Hopefully tomorrow :smile:

There dosnt seem to be many people from Queens' on here compared to other colleges :frown:
Reply 32
which is surprising because it's one of the bigger ones...
Reply 33
Andy Russell

There dosnt seem to be many people from Queens' on here compared to other colleges :frown:

While that may be true, most of the other more active threads seem to be held together by three or four commited TSRers. I'd put our relative inactivity down to the fact Queens' has kept us in the dark about all the details we would otherwise be discussing at great length. Plus we are all far cooler and so we don't feel the need for inconsequential chit-chat. That's my excuse anyway...

Granted, this post would fall under the heading 'inconsequential chit-chat', but this is purely for demonstration purposes only, i promise.
Reply 34
queens' sent me my german homework....well actually the german department did, not queens'....
when are we sposed to be going up?
Reply 35
Are you starting German from scratch? I'm ab initio-ing Arabic and they sent me this booklet ages ago with loads of stuff to learn. Before I got my results I had the excuse that I shouldnt do it cos I might not get in, but now it's slowly dawning on me that I have to learn a language where they write backwards and write their letters four different ways. And I have to sit down and do work again.

German must be similarly scary and head ****-ish if you've only ever done Romance languages?
PaddyMac
Are you starting German from scratch? I'm ab initio-ing Arabic and they sent me this booklet ages ago with loads of stuff to learn. Before I got my results I had the excuse that I shouldnt do it cos I might not get in, but now it's slowly dawning on me that I have to learn a language where they write backwards and write their letters four different ways. And I have to sit down and do work again.

To be fair, alif, ray, waw, zay, dal and dhal all have the same medial and final form, so that's six which only have three forms! :smile:
Reply 37
Ditting Suck
To be fair, alif, ray, waw, zay, dal and dhal all have the same medial and final form, so that's six which only have three forms! :smile:

See, I didn't even know that! :frown: :eek: :confused:

*Runs and hides in The Hole Of Those Who Will Never Amount To Anything*
I BELIEVE IN YOU, PADDYMAC!

I only know that because I'm learning Arabic myself, you see (not for my degree, just as a hobby). It's very interesting, to be honest, but I haven't even got half way through the alphabet yet!

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 39
drsmeeth
queens' sent me my german homework....well actually the german department did, not queens'....
when are we sposed to be going up?

There's quite a lot on the jcr website, which is something along the lines of jcrwww.quns.cam.ac.uk. Granted that address doesn't look like it would work, but thats what i remember it being. It says we get there on the 30th, and thats about it.

Latest

Trending

Trending