Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need to get 78 in my law exam. Possible at all ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    HI , I have a final law exam coming up which had been deferred . I need 78 in this exam to get a 2.1 overall. The highest mark awarded this year was 75 for the module. Is it doable ? Normally I get in the 57-64 range but due to a very bad dissertation I need to average top first now but I'm prepared to give it my all and try my very best . Has anyone got such a mark ? I need motivation . Thanks for any replies

ReputationRep:
    Obviously it's doable; it's less doable if you sit on here asking pointless questions like is it possible to get 78 out of 100. Just do the work; what else do you expect anyone to say on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxbb1)
    HI , I have a final law exam coming up which had been deferred . I need 78 in this exam to get a 2.1 overall. The highest mark awarded this year was 75 for the module. Is it doable ? Normally I get in the 57-64 range but due to a very bad dissertation I need to average top first now but I'm prepared to give it my all and try my very best . Has anyone got such a mark ? I need motivation . Thanks for any replies
    You can do anything if you put your mind to it. I also find markers are a bit more lenient marking exams than essays so give it your all!

I would also say manage your expectations. The institution I went to didn't usually award higher than about 74/75%. With this in mind I have friends who didn't get 2:1s and who have great jobs and did very well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maxbb1)
    Highest I received in a law exam is 76.

78 is tough but achievable. Looking to get above 80 is asking for trouble

ReputationRep:
    More relevant: have you achieved greater than 78% in any of your other exams? If not, you are likely to be an underdog. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I got a first and won several academic prizes and scholarships. The highest mark I ever got (for which I won the subject prize that year) was a 78, in land law. Unless you also have that kind of record I think it's pretty unlikely you'll pull off a 78, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Depends what uni you go to. I went to a crap uni and had quite a few marks in the 80s. Not all unis mark to the same standard.

ReputationRep:
    The odds are against your favour.

ReputationRep:
    Well you haven't done it yet and this means that the odds are against you, but there's always a first time.

It's one module and by the looks of it it's really important for you so do your very best and you might get the result you need!!! Presumably the exams are in late August, so there's still plenty of time for you to prepare.

Good luck and believe that you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    What module is it and at which uni? 78 was my highest grade

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.