Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am certain I posted something on here the other day explaining my problem but I've searched everywhere for my post and just cannot for the life of me find it?
    So I'll just post quickly and recap what my original post said.
    I basically have applied to do a Business Management BSc, the conditions of my offer stated that I needed 360 UCAS points and a B grade at GCSE maths.
    I got pretty decent GCSE results however just my luck, maths was the only one I failed so I've resat it now but obviously since I haven't done GCSE maths since 2011 I do not feel at all confident about it.
    I recently finished college and I have managed to achieve 360 UCAS points which is exactly what Birmingham want.
    I'm just waiting for my maths results.
    I was wondering if I would still be accepted if I failed maths but bearing in mind I've got the necessary UCAS points needed?
    It's stressing me out! Can someone please offer me some advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpchlo)
    I am certain I posted something on here the other day explaining my problem but I've searched everywhere for my post and just cannot for the life of me find it?
    So I'll just post quickly and recap what my original post said.
    I basically have applied to do a Business Management BSc, the conditions of my offer stated that I needed 360 UCAS points and a B grade at GCSE maths.
    I got pretty decent GCSE results however just my luck, maths was the only one I failed so I've resat it now but obviously since I haven't done GCSE maths since 2011 I do not feel at all confident about it.
    I recently finished college and I have managed to achieve 360 UCAS points which is exactly what Birmingham want.
    I'm just waiting for my maths results.
    I was wondering if I would still be accepted if I failed maths but bearing in mind I've got the necessary UCAS points needed?
    It's stressing me out! Can someone please offer me some advice?

i would think that you need maths in order to get in to the university - would imagine it is a condition of entry. phone up admissions and check with them

ReputationRep:
    Hi, you may have already found the answer to this question... But I just wanted to say that I know quite a few people that didn't even meet the A Level conditions they were set and still got their place. As above, I think you need to speak to admissions for how it works specifically at UoB. Largely, it all depends on how everyone else who's been offered a place does. At the end of the day, they need to fill up the places on the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElsieMay)
    Hi, you may have already found the answer to this question... But I just wanted to say that I know quite a few people that didn't even meet the A Level conditions they were set and still got their place. As above, I think you need to speak to admissions for how it works specifically at UoB. Largely, it all depends on how everyone else who's been offered a place does. At the end of the day, they need to fill up the places on the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know someone who's offer stated she needed 2 B's and a C.. she still got in with 3 C's. Having done really well and achieving the grades required at A level (still waiting to hear about maths) it just seems such an injustice that having maintained good results, (360 UCAS points) that a GCSE is going to stop me getting in... especially since I passed 9 out of 10 of my GCSE's and got very good results APART FROM THAT ONE. AHHH! Furthermore, someone who just scraped passes at A level gets on to a course because they have the "minimum GCSE requirements".
    I suppose it depends on how many spaces are left on a course.
    I'll let you know how I do since results day is fast approaching!
    Thanks for your input

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.