Further Maths - A*
    English Lang - B
    English Lit - B
    Physics - A*
    Biology - A*
    History - A*
    Geography - A*
    History - A*
    Religious Education - A* (did in year 9)

ReputationRep:
    Nope.
    Getting certain GCSE grades does not guarantee you a place at Cambridge. There's a lot more focus on A-Levels and your personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmahadsaid)
    Maths - A*
    Further Maths - A*
    English Lang - B
    English Lit - B
    Physics - A*
    Biology - A*
    History - A*
    Geography - A*
    History - A*
    Religious Education - A* (did in year 9)
    With all those A* grades you're fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Nope.
    Getting certain GCSE grades does not guarantee you a place at Cambridge. There's a lot more focus on A-Levels and your personal statement.
    :3 so if i get Bs... i can still get into cambridge XD ? (i dont get Bs)

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Troll.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    Depends on the course. If it's medicine then it's unlikely. Anything else, sure xD

ReputationRep:
    Some people get into Cambridge with a few C grades and even someone had 1 D grade and got in. It's all about the A-Levels.

ReputationRep:
    8A* and 2B grades are good. Obviously you can't predict if you'll get in or not based on that, but I don't think that there's anything to worry about there.

ReputationRep:
    What course are you planning to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    You're fine as long as you have the AS & A-Level grades required. Then it's to your PS and interview, and any admissions tests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    What course are you planning to apply for?
    Chemical/Biomedical engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thechemistress)
    Depends on the course. If it's medicine then it's unlikely. Anything else, sure xD
    lol i know... i want to do medicine... basically hoping i dont get any Bs on results day... only one subject that im not too confident on... french :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmahadsaid)
    Chemical/Biomedical engineering
    You should be fine with those provided your AS and A levels are good.

ReputationRep:
    lol i know... i want to do medicine... basically hoping i dont get any Bs on results day... only one subject that im not too confident on... french :3
    It doesn't matter if you got B because it isn't the end of the world and you can still apply for Medicine at Cambridge anyways as long you match their A level requirement. You should look for GCSEs and A level requirements at this website http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergrad...rses/medicine/

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    As long as you get A's/A*'s in your Alevels

ReputationRep:
    Are you kidding? 8 A*s and 2 Bs those results are amazing. So of course your GCSEs wont hold you back. But, as other people have said they care far more about your A-Levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You need to have a really high ums average at a levels! They really emphasised that to be competitive you need to have at least 90 ums average in 3 subjects that are relevant to your course. I think for medicine it's 95 ums average I think?

ReputationRep:
    Just FYI, Cambridge put a big preference to A levels, like others have said, but moreso on your UCAS personal statement and a subsequent interview. My cousin, straight As and A*s. Had an amazing personal statement which got her an interview (whereas my friend, who had more A*s) didn't get an interview at all...likely because of the personal statement.
    My cousin wasn't accepted in the end, after two interviews. But she said that, come her second interview, she had decided that the university wasn't for her...which they may well have sensed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farmgirl1990)
    Just FYI, Cambridge put a big preference to A levels, like others have said, but moreso on your UCAS personal statement and a subsequent interview. My cousin, straight As and A*s. Had an amazing personal statement which got her an interview (whereas my friend, who had more A*s) didn't get an interview at all...likely because of the personal statement.
    My cousin wasn't accepted in the end, after two interviews. But she said that, come her second interview, she had decided that the university wasn't for her...which they may well have sensed.
    lol understood it wasn't for her, but turning down Cambridge is like saying no to a meal at KFC... IMO

ReputationRep:
    lol understood it wasn't for her, but turning down Cambridge is like saying no to a meal at KFC... IMO
    Pretty easy for her as she is veggie

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.