The Student Room Group

From: Do I have to send in UCAS to all my universities early if I apply to Cambridge?

Hi-just needed a wee bit of help-I'm planning on applying for pre-med in Canada and the U.S.-but wasn't sure which SAT subjects I should be taking. My a level subjects are phys, chem, bio, c12, c34, m1 and s1. So the problem arises-math level 1 or 2 (considering I've got only one A level math, no pure math!), and amidst phys, chem bio-which subjects should I take for SAT2? I heard you could only sit for 3 max at a go? I've just finished my AS exams, and have started A2. Help pleez- I can't choose my subjects!
Original post by Shwapno
Hi-just needed a wee bit of help-I'm planning on applying for pre-med in Canada and the U.S.-but wasn't sure which SAT subjects I should be taking. My a level subjects are phys, chem, bio, c12, c34, m1 and s1. So the problem arises-math level 1 or 2 (considering I've got only one A level math, no pure math!), and amidst phys, chem bio-which subjects should I take for SAT2? I heard you could only sit for 3 max at a go? I've just finished my AS exams, and have started A2. Help pleez- I can't choose my subjects!

Go for Math 2. Honestly, Math 1 is basically the same as the maths in the SAT I and maybe at the standard of GCSE (barely even that).

As for the rest; choose the 2 you are strongest in out of Chem, Bio and Physics.
Reply 2
My counselor says even though I'm going for pre-med, I shouldn't take bio. He's rooting for phys and chem instead-along with math2. I wanted sth along the lines of math 2, bio and phys/chem. Chem should be nice-I heard SAT 2 phys is hard if you haven't finished ur A2-and I just started them!
Reply 3
Original post by Shwapno
My counselor says even though I'm going for pre-med, I shouldn't take bio. He's rooting for phys and chem instead-along with math2. I wanted sth along the lines of math 2, bio and phys/chem. Chem should be nice-I heard SAT 2 phys is hard if you haven't finished ur A2-and I just started them!

Are you an American citizen? If not, you really shouldn't bother with pre-med in the US as it kinda won't go anywhere. I'm not sure about Canada.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending