Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will do a foundation year in Life Sciences after which I will choose to specialize on one of the Faculty of Life Sciences courses, out of which I was looking at Plant Science ... for this course I see that there are two field courses, one in the first year and one in the second year and I was wondering, how much do students have to pay for these field courses ?? Do students have to pay their plane/train/bus ticket and accommodation, or will these be paid by the university ??

ReputationRep:
    I'm not particularly familiar with your course, but I'm afraid students do usually have to self fund for these trips normally, but there are usually a range of options that vary in cost and you should be given ample notice of when the trips are, so you'll have enough time to get the money together

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At the Faculty of Life Sciences applicant visit day, in the main talk, field trips were mentioned. As I recall, they said there were various options, one of which would be free (ish - it was actually in Manchester). Not sure how this would actually work in practice, with the many different subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the price range for Zoology field courses?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.