Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

I am 2% away from getting a 6 in History HL (and 7 in English HL) and I desperately need this to get into university (next year, going to take a gap year) with 666 in my higher levels.

It seems that my IB coordinator doesn't quite understand either me or the remarking system, because she says it is completely unrealistic for my marks to improve.

So I want to ask:

Do I have the right to require my subjects to be remarked or does my coordinator solely decide this?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I apologize for not having an answer, but I have the same question so it would be great if anyone could help.

ReputationRep:
    What I did last year was fill in a remark form (provided by the school) and gave it to my coordinator in which he then sent off. Hopefully you should have the right to remark your subjects but might have to be done through your coordinator.

ReputationRep:
    I just called the IB and they say it is the coordinator who decides. However, my coordinator doesn't really understand how it works (I think).
    I got 7/5/4/5 for my individual papers in history, this is all the information she has, and hence she doesn't think that my marks can increase by 2%. I mean, I can still get a 6 in total even though I got 4 in one of my papers, if I get a few marks extra in all or some of the papers, right?

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

If the IB states that it is the coordinator who decides, then I would advise you to ask/push/beg your IB coordinator to allow you to request for a remark if you really want to. History P2 and P3 Essay marks can vary so there may be a chance for you to get extra marks.

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krelle111)
    I just called the IB and they say it is the coordinator who decides. However, my coordinator doesn't really understand how it works (I think).
    I got 7/5/4/5 for my individual papers in history, this is all the information she has, and hence she doesn't think that my marks can increase by 2%. I mean, I can still get a 6 in total even though I got 4 in one of my papers, if I get a few marks extra in all or some of the papers, right?
    If you got a 5 and 4 in your papers there's a good chance you'll scrape some marks. Tell your co-ordinator that you insist on having it remarked and that you're willing to pay for it to be.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.