Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me who hates it when people touch or spit on my food? When I say spit I mean when they are talking and spit a tiny bit.

It annoys me at buffets when people plough their hand into a bowl of food, or when someone manhandles the majority of the pizza in order to get a slice.

I don't mind it in restaurants as they have hygiene standards to follow. It's just when it's someone who isn't following any type of hygiene rules. Especially when they haven't washed their hands before touching it. I guess it's just because I don't like the fact they are spreading germs all over something that I have to eat.

Oh and I always try to avoid touching food that I am not going to eat. If I have to touch it (for example taking a slice of pizza that isn't cut properly) then I will touch as little of it as possible and for as little time as possible.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really bothered.

I just don't like sharing drinks with people.
    I remember at secondary school people would just take your water and drink from it like its their own. Ergh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsbehonest)
    I'm not really bothered.

I just don't like sharing drinks with people.
    I remember at secondary school people would just take your water and drink from it like its their own. Ergh
    At my secondary school if someone saw you drinking a drink they would say 'Saves' (or something like that) which basically meant they wanted you to save the last mouthful or so for them. Then you gave it to them and they finished it.

ReputationRep:
    I hate people touching my food, my family used to get really pissed off at me because I wouldn't let them touch my food unless they washed their hands first im less obsessive about it now, I can stand friends and family touching it, though I can't stand when strangers do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    my dad has bad breath and he's really quite unhygienic, so I try to tilt my food away from him and every now and then I have to perform this maneouver with my hands as if I'm scooping away the bad air. I try not to focus on the fact that my mom works with children and also strokes oour dog, then goes on to make dinner without washing her hands once. As well as this, my brothers' mate has learning difficulties, he's 16 and he is seriously, seriously dirty. Like the whole family know he never washes, you can see the grime on him and his clothes are vile, yet they all let him into the kitchen leaning up the work surface and sitting on the chairs, touching everything. Also apparently no-one can wash/dry up properly (and the tea towel is reused after being on the floor for hour and soaking wet), yet they proper moan at me when I have to rinse out a glass before using it. I'm literally so fed up with life

ReputationRep:
    germs lol.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it so much when someone touches my food. I don't care if they eat from my plate, as long as they ask first, but just touching my food without asking is so gross!

ReputationRep:
    When someone asks if they can have a chip and you agree and they go for one that is right in the centre and covered in sauce. Urgh why don't they just take one from around the edges which requires minimal fuss!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsbehonest)
    When someone asks if they can have a chip and you agree and they go for one that is right in the centre and covered in sauce. Urgh why don't they just take one from around the edges which requires minimal fuss!!
    Yes! This annoys me too. Like when you are at a table and there is food in the middle. Instead of people taking a bit that is on the edge near them, they pick a bit slap bang in the middle and touch other bits whilst trying to pick it up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.