Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does everyone suddenly seem interested in my life?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    In high school I was really shy and only had like 3-4 friends that I would spend most of my time with mainly my best friend at the time. People weren't really that interested and the only things I really heard them say about them was that I was quite. Well, since leaving high school/turning eighteen I'm not shy anymore. Me and my best friend (a girl I have known since year 4 who has always been my friend but wasn't really close with me in high school but since I turned eighteen we are a lot closer) do things together all the time and sometimes go on nights out.

Since this started people I knew but weren't friends with and didn't talk to in high school have tried adding me on Facebook but I didn't accept as I don't see the point. If they see me in the streets they'll look at me and sometimes point, laugh or talk to their friend about something. I've heard that they shared a photo from a night me and my friend were out and commented about how I am apparently now a 'party animal' or something but people have said to my best friend that they think we fake the photos and that we don't really go out despite the fact that they find these photos on the clubs wall. People have asked why we are so close now when we weren't in high school etc.

It is just so weird and I don't understand it. We were never friends so why do they care what I do? Of course I have changed since high school. Haven't they? Maybe not. It's been two years. That part of our life is over.

ReputationRep:
    People like the ones you've mentioned are utter losers and aren't even worth you making a thread about them.

I know it's easier said than done but just try to ignore them. Or alternatively politely tell them to **** off

Just enjoy having fun with your friend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillyLisaa)
    In high school I was really shy and only had like 3-4 friends that I would spend most of my time with mainly my best friend at the time. People weren't really that interested and the only things I really heard them say about them was that I was quite. Well, since leaving high school/turning eighteen I'm not shy anymore. Me and my best friend (a girl I have known since year 4 who has always been my friend but wasn't really close with me in high school but since I turned eighteen we are a lot closer) do things together all the time and sometimes go on nights out.

Since this started people I knew but weren't friends with and didn't talk to in high school have tried adding me on Facebook but I didn't accept as I don't see the point. If they see me in the streets they'll look at me and sometimes point, laugh or talk to their friend about something. I've heard that they shared a photo from a night me and my friend were out and commented about how I am apparently now a 'party animal' or something but people have said to my best friend that they think we fake the photos and that we don't really go out despite the fact that they find these photos on the clubs wall. People have asked why we are so close now when we weren't in high school etc.

It is just so weird and I don't understand it. We were never friends so why do they care what I do? Of course I have changed since high school. Haven't they? Maybe not. It's been two years. That part of our life is over.
    People mature at different rates is all I can say. Don't let it bother you.

ReputationRep:
    Lol they still haven't matured yet but don't let it bother you ok? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carpe Vinum)
    People like the ones you've mentioned are utter losers and aren't even worth you making a thread about them.

I know it's easier said than done but just try to ignore them. Or alternatively politely tell them to **** off

Just enjoy having fun with your friend
    True it's getting weird though!!

I do ignore them like I always have but I think from what my friend says it really annoys her so...

I can do that :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay2013)
    It doesn't really I just find it strange

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay2013)
    That's true :P It doesn't really it's just weird

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.