Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a form back from Student Finance, it basically says:

Tuition Fee (the total amount we pay to your university or college)
    £8,250.

Maintenance loan (not counting household income, this will be paid to you)
    £3,610.

Is the 3,610 what I'm gonna have to live on (food etc) and does my accommodation money come out of this??? (paying 100pw)

Is there a chance I will get more? If I have to get accommodation etc out of this, its gonna be impossible unless they grant me more money. Help?

ReputationRep:
    I think you can apply for a maintenance grant too. I think I've got a loan and a grant. Try and look into that.

ReputationRep:
    You can get a grant as well I did 2 years previously at another university and I applied for a loan and grant all at the same time ring a and ask about it.

ReputationRep:
    Do I definitely have to pay my accommodation out of the 3 grand?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I always paid with my maintenance loan for my halls and lived off my grant, like I said depending on your families circumstances you should be entitled to both.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/loans-and-grants

Check the actual finance website it should tell you there, I had a friend who paid for her halls because she wasn't entitled to the grant and she worked whilst at uni to go out and stuff. But I was entitled to both.

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for a grant, my dad is a single parent and didn't earn a lot of money last year, so I definitely qualify for more. But when will I find out when they've granted me the extra money?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got my grant through on my loan letter if it's not on there it's worth ringing them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.