Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Last year I 've chosen Physics SL as one of my subjects, but it turned out as my teacher is really awful (she can't teach at all) and I am thinking whether to skip to Biology SL or is there any other way to learn? I am ready to devote myself to it during this summer holidays, but still I'm not sure whether I can handle it. Is there anyone who might recommend me some Physics books/sites/youtube channels that are helpful in studying Physics by my own?
    And is it possible to learn it by my own?
    Thanks.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    It is possible to learn any IB subject alone, just much more difficult. If you're enrolled in the class, then you should have a textbook - you can usually teach yourself pretty much everything you need to know from here. To be honest, armed with a course text and past papers, most people who are prepared to put the work in would be perfectly fine to study themselves. Plus, you can always google around and post on TSR if you do run into any problems.

Switching to another subject at this stage would be a struggle (that's even if your college/sixth form will allow you) so I would advise against that.

ReputationRep:
    I would switch to Biology SL. While Physics SL is not terrible hard, having a bad teacher can be of harm. Biology SL is one of the easiest IB exams (Bio HL on the other hand is very very hard), so I would recommend taking Biology SL in place of Physics SL.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.