Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi,

Basically, I am a virgin at the moment but shall be losing my virginity with my girlfriend within a couple of weeks.

I have applied a condom once before in freshers week, but yet the condom was too wide for my penis.

I have had a look at the condom size charts but they are very confusion. I have a girth of about 4.75 inches, and that says I should look for condoms about 52mm width, however I can only find ones that are the regular 56mm...

Can anyone offer any advice?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    They'll be called 'trim' or similar. If you can't find any in chemists, try a sexual health clinic or get some online from freedoms-shop.nhs.uk

I'm surprised that your penis would be too small for a standard-sized condom though, because that's staggeringly average-sized thickness... What makes you say that the condom was too wide?

(Original post by unprinted)
    They'll be called 'trim' or similar. If you can't find any in chemists, try a sexual health clinic or get some online from freedoms-shop.nhs.uk

I'm surprised that your penis would be too small for a standard-sized condom though, because that's staggeringly average-sized thickness... What makes you say that the condom was too wide?
    Thank you for replying!

It just wasn't fitting right at all, it was baggy the whole way down, and pretty much unuseable, which is why I was so confused, because I know that I am pretty much the average size for both girth and length.

In the end I have just ordered some "close feel" ones, which are meant to be less wide, so hopefully those ones will fit when they arrive!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    For a latex condom, that's odd.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.