Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey!

I wanted to know if there was anyone here with a good undergrad / post grad degree in behavioural ecology that could help tutor me in the subject.

Im a psych graduate and would like preferably someone who could talk through/critique essays that i would write on specific topics? I can learn a lot by myself, it would just be useful if i could motivate myself to do some reading on a topic, write an essay on it then have someone look at it and see which issues ive missed/where its gone wrong, etc.

I can pay. PM me if you know anyone interested.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susanalbumparty)
    hey!

I wanted to know if there was anyone here with a good undergrad / post grad degree in behavioural ecology that could help tutor me in the subject.

Im a psych graduate and would like preferably someone who could talk through/critique essays that i would write on specific topics? I can learn a lot by myself, it would just be useful if i could motivate myself to do some reading on a topic, write an essay on it then have someone look at it and see which issues ive missed/where its gone wrong, etc.

Have you checked tutorvista? They have online tutoring in a variety of subjects, though I doubt they will meet your requirements of self-study and motivation.

As for the essays, you can submit them for teacher and peer review at TSR's Marked By Teachers.

ReputationRep:
    hey!

Are we talking specifically human behavioural ecology here (sorry, might seem like an odd question...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Are we talking specifically human behavioural ecology here (sorry, might seem like an odd question...)
    Its not an odd question, given that i did mention I do psych. And no; non-human animal stuff. I am also interested in the applications to humans aswell.

(Original post by Dynamo123)
    Have you checked tutorvista? They have online tutoring in a variety of subjects, though I doubt they will meet your requirements of self-study and motivation.

As for the essays, you can submit them for teacher and peer review at TSR's Marked By Teachers.

Cheers. Ill have a look. I looked through firsttutors and only found biochemistry-type people!

ReputationRep:
    Its not an odd question, given that i did mention I do psych. And no; non-human animal stuff. I am also interested in the applications to humans aswell.

Cheers. Ill have a look. I looked through firsttutors and only found biochemistry-type people!
    Well I wouldn't say I was an expert but if you want to bounce anything off me I have studied it at undergraduate and masters.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:

No problemo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Well I wouldn't say I was an expert but if you want to bounce anything off me I have studied it at undergraduate and masters.
    Oh that could be useful. I think i might try and answer some of the question in the summary chapters of the Davies, Krebs & West textbook, and it might be useful to have someone look over it...

ReputationRep:
    Oh that could be useful. I think i might try and answer some of the question in the summary chapters of the Davies, Krebs & West textbook, and it might be useful to have someone look over it...
    I can give it a go we used that textbook for undergraduate and I still have it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.