Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Great, stable boyfriend vs. potential love of my life Watch

Hello all!
    I'm very confused and would love to hear any opinions.
    I've been with my current boyfriend for just under 3 years. He adores me, wants to marry me and we have a very stable (but long distance at the moment) relationship. It's very comfortable but not very exciting.
    My ex boyfriend, who I have always thought was "the one", has recently let me know that he feels the same way about me. We have much more chemistry than me and my current boyfriend, and he gives me butterflies the way that my boyfriend doesn't.

How would you proceed if you were me?! HELP!

ReputationRep:
    If you even have to ask whether you should stay with your current boyfriend, it's clear that you shouldn't. Imagine how he'd feel if he saw this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello all!
    I'm very confused and would love to hear any opinions.
    I've been with my current boyfriend for just under 3 years. He adores me, wants to marry me and we have a very stable (but long distance at the moment) relationship. It's very comfortable but not very exciting.
    My ex boyfriend, who I have always thought was "the one", has recently let me know that he feels the same way about me. We have much more chemistry than me and my current boyfriend, and he gives me butterflies the way that my boyfriend doesn't.

How would you proceed if you were me?! HELP!
    If you're thinking about your ex, you don't love your boyfriend, end of.
    Break up with your boyfriend, he deserves better.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really have strong feelings for your ex boyfriend or is it a case of 'forbidden fruit'? Does he give you butterflies because he's almost off limits and the 'wrong' person to be with, or is it because you love him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Great, stable boyfriend vs. potential love of my life
    Go with the one that doesn't live in a stable.. so the love of your life

ReputationRep:
    Why did you and your ex break up? Whatever happened, do you not think it would happen again?

ReputationRep:
    You say your ex-boyfriend is a potential love of your life, so then why is he your ex? Obviously something went wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Don't risk loosing something good for something that has gone wrong before.
    The grass always seems greener on the other side- but there is a reason he is your ex.

Once you and your boyfriend live closer it should be fine, it will get more passionate and you'll feel even closer.

ReputationRep:
    I have definitely seen this post before....

If you are thinking about your ex in that sort of way then there is obviously a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Sloots gunna sloot.

ReputationRep:
    Well gee I feel sorry for your boyfriend at the moment.
    I can't believe you'd even consider breaking up a stable relationship for someone that you have already once broken up with... lel

ReputationRep:
    Just remember, feelings may not last forever. A lot of a relationship is effort and love despite those feelings.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What would be the best thing to do is think about why you broke up with your ex in the first place. I don't see the point in messing something good up for a chance with someone that might end in heartbreak again.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly GIVE THE OTHER GUY A CHANCE! (Not talking about out and outlove rather go on a date and see how it goes) If you don't you may come to regret it in the future and furthermore as you have said that your current relationship is a bit boring then "why" not give the other guy a chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackshadow)
    Sloots gunna sloot.
    These hoes ain't loyal

ReputationRep:
    He wants to marry you whilst you want another guy. I think it's pretty obvious that you should leave him.

I'd stay with the boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
      My honest opinion would be there's a reason why your ex is an ex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • Welcome Squad

Why is you ex your ex? And those butterflies won't last forever.

I'd stay with the stable one, the love of your life doesn't sound that stable.

ReputationRep:
      Leave your boyfriend as you obviously don't love him and he doesn't deserve to be treated like this , go with your ex and enjoy your love of your life while it lasts only for it to crumble to ruins and you be left alone .

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2014
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.