Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I will never understand why people like dogs Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok the tiny ones are supercute and that I understand and some of the bigger ones can be kind of a nice breed/type but most dogs are pig filth to me and it's one thing I can't fathom.

A big hairy, smelling dog? What is appealing? Dogs and their owners piss me off. Where there are dogs there will always be dog**** on pavements, in parks and so forth. I stepped on dog**** in the pavement the other day. Why did that need to happen? When I go on public transport, there are always dog hairs on the seats. It's disgusting. Sometimes a bus can reek of dog smell. And that's another point, dogs on public transport. Truly ridiculous. I don't want a dog licking my leg whilst I'm on the train home from work.

I just can't understand their appeal. Some people even sleep with their dogs. Madness. I remember sleeping at friends' houses when I was a kid and their damn dogs would contiuously run into the room and jump all over me for no reason, waking me up. I'd compare a standard sized average dog to a stinking fat bloated topless 30 stone guy just spread bare on your sofa with his mouth open. Absolutely filthy. Most of these dogs aren't even pretty to look at.

Wouldn't you rather get a nicer, less hairy, less dirty, less loud, prettier, less smelling animal like a cat or I dunno just something cuter? Now cats aren't perfect but they're a damn sight better than dogs and alot cuter in general. As mentioned at the top, the tiny dogs are cute and that I can understand somewhat. But just having a fat big hairy dog? Getting this thing to the park for a runaround, wagging his seriously filthy tongue everywhere? When I go to family or friends' houses where dogs are present, there is so much dirt and hair everywhere, it's disgusting. All over their bedsheets, clothes, even their personal hair .. everything. Yuck.

I really really don't get it and I don't want to walk in their **** accidentally and I don't ever want to see a dog on any form of public transport unless it's a guide dog. Am I alone in this view? I cannot even fathom where the enjoyment comes from. They seem a complete nuisance to me in every way.

Something has to be introduced to clamp down on owners who let their dog **** anywhere and also for public transport. I think that is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Its not really the dogs fault if the owner doesn't clear up after them!

As for dogs vs cats, cats shed hair EVERYWHERE and don't do as they're told... Plus noisy as sin and won't leave you alone when they're hungry! My cats are a pain in the butt compared to my dogs :\

You think treading in poo is bad try treading barefoot on a dead mouse with its entrails hanging out/dying rat/getting a live bird out your house without it ****ting everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    Its not really the dogs fault if the owner doesn't clear up after them!

As for dogs vs cats, cats shed hair EVERYWHERE and don't do as they're told... Plus noisy as sin and won't leave you alone when they're hungry! My cats are a pain in the butt compared to my dogs :\
    But cats don't chew up your footballs or run up to you every 5 minutes in the night. And no way are they as hairy as dogs, they don't smell as bad as dogs. You can't really compare a meoww to a bark. A dog is like a massive disease just living with you.

ReputationRep:
    I love the feeling of coming home and the dog running up to you shaking its ass and wagging its tail

ReputationRep:

how can you not love that face?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Dogs are uniquely loyal. They even grieve when their owners die:

http://theweek.com/article/index/217...timate-loyalty

ReputationRep:
    Just to annoy OP, here is my dog.

Name:  dog.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  282.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaDog0127)

how can you not love that face?

I literally cannot cope with how adorable that is. ​You should've given a warning :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Both dogs are not pretty in the slightest. Not ugly by any means but ye, naaa. Wouldn't you have more sense to buy a nice cute dog even if it costs more? Why buy such a beast? Weird.

ReputationRep:
    Cats are little *****. They roll about like they own the place, look at you like ****, expect to be fed and get given water when its convenient for them and then **** off to who knows where.

Dogs are a real animal. Your dog will come to your defense if need be, is overjoyed when your home, will give you attention all hours and loves to play games. THEYRE THE DESCENDENTS OF WOLVES MOTHER ****ER. WOLVES.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xinho)
    Wouldn't you have more sense to buy a nice cute dog even if it costs more? Why buy such a beast? Weird.
    Because dogs are not fashion items to be brought on a whim because you think it would look good with your outfit....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xinho)
    But cats don't chew up your footballs or run up to you every 5 minutes in the night. And no way are they as hairy as dogs, they don't smell as bad as dogs. You can't really compare a meoww to a bark. A dog is like a massive disease just living with you.
    Not they just vomit sicky hair everywhere, catch dead and dying animals and bring them into the house, both of which lie there until you step on them barefoot first thing in the morning. Or worse they are alive and tear up your house and bleed all over it.

Not to mention taking food off worktops, walking gross paws all over them and constantly finding your clothes to curl up on and make super hairy. And clawing holes in your clothes. I think you underestimate cats.Nothing is our of reach for them and their grubby paws. Dogs on the other hand. You tell them not to do something and they don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    To further spam the thread. My baby-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaDog0127)
    Because dogs are not fashion items to be brought on a whim because you think it would look good with your outfit....
    I never said it was a fashion item. What I'm saying is your average sized dog is not pretty to look at, not pretty to touch, not pretty to smell, not pretty to hear etc A smaller tiny cute dog is at least prettier, won't beef as bad, won't be as hairy etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TolerantBeing)

that's cute. like i said the small ones are at least cute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece Sure)
    is overjoyed when your home, will give you attention all hours and loves to play games
    If you leave the room for 30mins and go back in they think you are a gift from god :awesome:

ReputationRep:

http://youtu.be/SNLJDR-XbVY

ReputationRep:

you little rippa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xinho)
    that's cute. like i said the small ones are at least cute.
    You said mine wasn't pretty and she's barely 1 foot tall :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scratchyjam)
    you little rippa
    What does that mean. :puppyeyes:

Definitely saving that link. :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.